GDT: CAPTH @ CANETH - 8PM

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Devils advocate...they are missing Ovie, Carlson, and Dowd. (I don't count Brown and Hagelin since they barley have played for the Caps).....to be THIS bad missing three players...this isn't a good roster.

Granted I'm on my 5th beer...so....my logic is probably flawed.
Does anybody else remember a couple of months ago people here were talking about how much depth we had among the forwards, and how spoiled for choice we would be once Backstrom and Wilson were back??

That sure turned into a pumpkin!

every Caps coach is a free agent at the end of the season

ftfy
It would be hilarious if Forsythe got re-signed.

And I actually wouldn't be surprised if he was. The guy appears to be made of teflon.

Reactions: shtorm2005

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Does anybody else remember a couple of months ago people here were talking about how much depth we had among the forwards, and how spoiled for choice we would be once Backstrom and Wilson were back??

That sure turned into a pumpkin!

It would be hilarious if Forsythe got re-signed.

And I actually wouldn't be surprised if he was. The guy appears to be made of teflon.
Forsythe has the rock solid defense that he doesn't have any impact on the team's performance, so can't be blamed for their failure.

Reactions: Raikkonen

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Devils advocate...they are missing Ovie, Carlson, and Dowd. (I don't count Brown and Hagelin since they barley have played for the Caps).....to be THIS bad missing three players...this isn't a good roster.

Granted I'm on my 5th beer...so....my logic is probably flawed.
Actually just the opposite.

May I point out to you the wisdom of one Cliff Clavin
'Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as
fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the
slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural
selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and
health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the
weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate
as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we
know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and
weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer
eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more
efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.'

Peeri

Jan 13, 2016
Western Finland
OV hasn’t been very good of late, depends on his teammates to finish. There’s little reason to think he’d make much of a difference.
Considering his father was very sick I think he can be given a pass for his post new year bad stretch. But rest of the team not so much. Actually a sad reality that when this 37 old man is not carrying this Capitals team they are just another Chicago. In hindsight our little winning streak during the early season really hurt our chances for a good pick in this year draft.

EYEuhFRAYtee

Smile
Apr 28, 2004
FIRE

The+Professional+Gary+Oldman+everyone.gif

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
What bugs me most is/will be the inevitable used car salesmen attempt to say no, no that sputtering POS you just drove is not a sputtering POS - there’s just some plugs and belts that need to be fixed a bit and the engine performance is off a bit cuz the guy who really makes the motor hum is away for the week. So put your money down.

I follow sports to escape the continual and ever-enveloping gaslighting of reality that occurs in every day life. And as DC sports fans, we’ve already had our gluttonous fill of gaslighting from Lil Danny and the Wiz mad even the Nats lately - and the end result is that more people give less of a f*** about those teams every year. A sure fire way to piss off a fan base is to persist in telling them the shit they’re eating is actually really sweet

I get that we had more than a decade of a Cup-challenging team and a generational goal scorer, and yes I appreciate that. Just don’t tell me a team that is well past it’s sell-by date is fresh as a daisy. I’d be more likely to re-up for my share of a season tix plan - which I have been doing since the Landover days in the late 80s - if management would be honest about what is happening and a bit more merciless and reality-based about dealing with it.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
I swear the team has completely new lines every week. Every player plays with every other player on any line at any given time. No wonder the team looks like crap there's no way for these guys to find chemistry and all we have left are individual efforts. If i was more conspiratorial i'd say Lavi was in on the tank given how he is trying pretty hard to prevent linemate chemistry.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad