Captains and Assistants

the4thlinegrinder

Jul 25, 2011
The Bench
Or you name him the captain during the ceremony of the final game at Rexall. Get Gretzky up there to give him the jersey with the 'C' on it.

Might be a bit over dramatic but if you're gonna give a 19 year old the captaincy why not go all out?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
RNH would be a great captain on any other team. The thing is, can you imagine Crosby not being captain? That's the same level as McDavid. Can you imagine Toews not being the captain or Ovechkin?

This is McDavid's team and I am feeling nobody gets a C this year, unless Ference keeps it. After this season or next you give it to McDavid.

I just hope that they don't give Connor the C right now as the poor kid has so much pressure on him already.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I just hope that they don't give Connor the C right now as the poor kid has so much pressure on him already.

Considering how chia and mclellan talk about him, there's no chance they've even considered it. Did I miss something? Not sure why people are even talking about it at this stage.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Considering how chia and mclellan talk about him, there's no chance they've even considered it. Did I miss something? Not sure why people are even talking about it at this stage.

IIRC Chia said something about it being addressed over the next couple of days in yesterdays interview.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Or you name him the captain during the ceremony of the final game at Rexall. Get Gretzky up there to give him the jersey with the 'C' on it.

Might be a bit over dramatic but if you're gonna give a 19 year old the captaincy why not go all out?

Sheesh, that's pretty dramatic.

SPIRIT

Mar 12, 2014

Oh, man, that's crazy.

The 'C' isn't Gretzky's to give away, anymore.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Good decision McCoach. There is no obvious true leader of this group yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad