WC: Captains & Alternates

Status
Not open for further replies.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Jack Johnson officially named Captain of Team USA! :handclap::handclap:

There will be four rotating alternates: Nick Foligno, Matt Greene, Kyle Okposo, Eric Nystrom.

No surprises really.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Jalonen announced Team Finland C's:
C - Kapanen
A - Nummelin
A - Kukkonen

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Jalonen announced Team Finland C's:
C - Kapanen
A - Nummelin
A - Kukkonen
Kukkonen came as a sort of surprise. I can't recall a time he's carried a letter before in the NT.

Well, guess there's a slight possibility he's had 'A' in some EHT or other since nobody pays any attention to those, but it's certainly a first in a major tournament.

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
Latvia just voted on theirs today, and Herbert Vasiljevs will indeed be the captain, with Aleksander Nizivijs and Janis Sprukts as assistants.

Belak Attack

:walrus:
Mar 26, 2010
Toronto, Canadia.
Canada's is official now.

Captain Canada is back at the IIHF World Hockey Championship.

Ryan Smyth was named Canada's captain ahead of the event on Friday, making it a record sixth time he'll serve in that role.

The 34-year-old forward is the country's all-time leader in games played at the event with 59 and will be participating in his eighth world championship.

Canada will use a rotating cast of four alternates during the tournament: Francois Beauchemin, Corey Perry, Steven Stamkos and Ray Whitney.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
surprised to see Foligno with an A, but it is nice to see

I was surprised at first but not really anymore. IIRC he was the captain of the Sudbury Wolves, and he's a popular guy in the room with the Sens. I know for a fact he's well liked in the dressing room, he's well on his way to becoming a solid leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad