Captain Poll Run Off Dubinsky Vs Foligno

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
It's interesting how people perceive things differently.

This video reinforces my belief that Dubinsky would become a broken record very quickly. He sounds like a coach. The Jackets already have a coach. Don't have the need for more coachspeak.

I suggest you look at the video in context . The jackets finished the prior year hot I believe somewhere around 19-5 and had their traditional floundering start to the season. This is exactly what u need a captain to do when the coaches have beat the message over their head , and he didn't like the effort . I know you pride your self In stats , try to look up what the jackets record is when Dubinsky suits up , since he became member of cbj.

Has anyone asked porty in one of his chats , why foligno was not even wearing an a unless there were injuries to the actual alternates ? I'm just not seeing someone that wasn't even seen in the eyes of management to be labeled an alternate captain , to become the actual captain after one good year . Maybe he stepped up in the room as well this year , but as stated atleast going into this year, he wasn't perceived by management as a leader.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I suggest you look at the video in context . The jackets finished the prior year hot I believe somewhere around 19-5 and had their traditional floundering start to the season. This is exactly what u need a captain to do when the coaches have beat the message over their head , and he didn't like the effort . I know you pride your self In stats , try to look up what the jackets record is when Dubinsky suits up , since he became member of cbj.

Has anyone asked porty in one of his chats , why foligno was not even wearing an a unless there were injuries to the actual alternates ? I'm just not seeing someone that wasn't even seen in the eyes of management to be labeled an alternate captain , to become the actual captain after one good year . Maybe he stepped up in the room as well this year , but as stated atleast going into this year, he wasn't perceived by management as a leader.

We have no evidence that this was the case. The Jackets have had the same set of "A"s for years. It's not something they've adjusted to honor the leaders of the moment.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
We have no evidence that this was the case. The Jackets have had the same set of "A"s for years. It's not something they've adjusted to honor the leaders of the moment.

Proof is in the pudding. Foligno was aquired 2 weeks prior to Dubinsky. So it wasnt like Dubinsky was named an A prior to Foligno being here. So for whatever reason Dubinsky was looked upon as a leader, And given An A, and Foligno wasnt. Not that it means everything, but it sure would be hard to bypass Dubi for a guy that wasnt even an assistant , because of one successful year.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
It boils down to whom management feels is the best overall leader for the team. I assume that they'll weight all the factors and make the proper decision. I'm not in the locker room and have absolutely no idea of the internal dynamics of the team. I'll support whomever is named.

Like anyone else, I have my preferences in methods of communication. Dubinsky's style, as displayed in this video, is not my cup of tea. That being said, I have no idea what style of internal team communication resonates with the CBJ nor how the team expects its Captain to communicate to the media.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
It boils down to whom management feels is the best overall leader for the team. I assume that they'll weight all the factors and make the proper decision. I'm not in the locker room and have absolutely no idea of the internal dynamics of the team. I'll support whomever is named.

Like anyone else, I have my preferences in methods of communication. Dubinsky's style, as displayed in this video, is not my cup of tea. That being said, I have no idea what style of internal team communication resonates with the CBJ nor how the team expects its Captain to communicate to the media.

Post of the thread.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Proof is in the pudding. Foligno was aquired 2 weeks prior to Dubinsky. So it wasnt like Dubinsky was named an A prior to Foligno being here. So for whatever reason Dubinsky was looked upon as a leader, And given An A, and Foligno wasnt. Not that it means everything, but it sure would be hard to bypass Dubi for a guy that wasnt even an assistant , because of one successful year.

There isn't any evidence of anything here. At most you can make an inference that Dubi was considered more of a leader than Foligno when both were acquired in Summer 2012. Since then, the club has not re-ordered the A's to reflect new leaders emerging.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Not being able to decide between Foligno and Dubinsky as the next Captain is a good problem to have.

I kind of feel like this management values the Dubinsky approach so I guess I'd put my money on him.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Not being able to decide between Foligno and Dubinsky as the next Captain is a good problem to have.

I kind of feel like this management values the Dubinsky approach so I guess I'd put my money on him.

Its not entirely up to the MGMT though, the team has a say in it to.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I posted this in the boone jenner thread, but another article that mentions who the leaders in the room are, I see no mention of Foligno, and of course we all know he wasnt wearing an A, this season, unless injuries occuried. I will be shocked if Dubinsky is not named the captain. And have to think what was said above that Foligno told management that we needed a captain, and it should be Dubinsky.
Blue Jackets players say Jenner already is a leader, though not a vocal one. Jack Johnson, Brandon Dubinsky, James Wisniewski … those are the prominent voices in the dressing room during games.
“I don’t know that he’ll ever be a rah-rah guy,” Letestu said. “But guys gravitate to his style of play. Guys get behind that.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...9/21/jenner-brings-a-farm-boy-work-ethic.html

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
I posted this in the boone jenner thread, but another article that mentions who the leaders in the room are, I see no mention of Foligno, and of course we all know he wasnt wearing an A, this season, unless injuries occuried. I will be shocked if Dubinsky is not named the captain. And have to think what was said above that Foligno told management that we needed a captain, and it should be Dubinsky.
Blue Jackets players say Jenner already is a leader, though not a vocal one. Jack Johnson, Brandon Dubinsky, James Wisniewski … those are the prominent voices in the dressing room during games.
“I don’t know that he’ll ever be a rah-rah guy,” Letestu said. “But guys gravitate to his style of play. Guys get behind that.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...9/21/jenner-brings-a-farm-boy-work-ethic.html

I think this team needs a vocal captain. Or at least, one that knows when a firm hand is needed. If Jenner is not that vocal because of the bigger personalities/veterans in the room, I don't see how that helps in the here and now. Not saying Jenner wouldn't be a good captain now, just saying that the potential for it being a mistake to give it to him too early is there.

We could say: no vocal leader needed with self motivated players, but even the great teams have closed door meetings where the paint starts peeling at times.

Not directly applying this to anyone specific, but politics shift of this board never favored stripping a "c".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad