Captain Poll Run Off Dubinsky Vs Foligno

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Can a mod edit the close out date? I entered 5/6/15, but it is saying the poll will close on 4/27. Thanks

Arch City Zach

Jun 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
archcityarmy.com
I'd be fine with either, but I like a captain with fire. The only thing we don't know is if a total flame out will hurt the team. But I imagine if Dubi got the C, he'd know he'd have to temper things down a bit.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
If Foligno can reproduce his production next year, I think he would be the obvious answer. As it stands, it is a toss up between him and Dubi.

v3rs3

Nov 30, 2008
Columbus, OH
Dubi has been vocal and a leader since he got here. I've only seen people suggest Nick within the last 6 months. He broke out a bit, but Dubi is the consistency.

Gotta stick with Dubi between the two. I would prefer Jenner anyhow.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Dubi has been vocal and a leader since he got here. I've only seen people suggest Nick within the last 6 months. He broke out a bit, but Dubi is the consistency.

Gotta stick with Dubi between the two. I would prefer Jenner anyhow.
I prefer to think of that as "folks actually started to notice what was going on all along". :)

KlichkoBro*

Agreed. We should find out which player leaves a fruit basket for the opponent, he gets my vote

Yeah, because there's nothing in the middle. The Jackets should have had Dorsette as a captain long time ago...

Fiery? I prefer someone calm and smart.
Drags team into the fight? I prefer someone who drags the team to win.
Universally hated throughout the Metro? I prefer someone respected, but not hated.

Dubi is a great leader, I love his emotions and aggressiveness, but it takes a bit more to be a captain. Foligno seems to be a better choice.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Dubi doesn't drag his team to wins? He battles and the team follows, he always brings energy.
As for being hated.. Hes a guy other teams hates and his team loves. Hartnell is in the same category. Hated by every team but you cannot tell me hes not respected. Same goes for Dubi expect for by Sid maybe :laugh:

KlichkoBro*

Dubi doesn't drag his team to wins? He battles and the team follows, he always brings energy.
As for being hated.. Hes a guy other teams hates and his team loves. Hartnell is in the same category. Hated by every team but you cannot tell me hes not respected. Same goes for Dubi expect for by Sid maybe :laugh:

So was Derek Dorsett!!! Did you say that the Jackets have to name him a captain at the time when they selected Nash?!!!
I don't watch every Jackets game but I can recall quiet a few of them when they lost because of Dubi's unnecessary emotions and aggression. He tries to drag the team to wins all the time, but sometimes his efforts work out in opposite direction. Playing 100+ games a year any team has to SAVE energy at some point. Maybe, just maybe, a captain sometimes has to tell his teammates to relax, calm down, and not just push them forward as hard as possible?
And you can't respect someone you hate. Period.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Dubinsky and it's not close . I know people like the hug , foligno wasn't an A this year correct ? Can't imagine a player going from a part time A, bypassing all the other so called leaders in one season. Seems like that would be a slap in the face, mainly based off one great season. . Culture changed when Dubinsky came into town .

Team was 11-0 when him and Boone played together this season

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
So was Derek Dorsett!!! Did you say that the Jackets have to name him a captain at the time when they selected Nash?!!!
I don't watch every Jackets game but I can recall quiet a few of them when they lost because of Dubi's unnecessary emotions and aggression. He tries to drag the team to wins all the time, but sometimes his efforts work out in opposite direction. Playing 100+ games a year any team has to SAVE energy at some point. Maybe sometimes, just maybe, a captain sometimes has to tell his teammates to relax, calm down, and not just push them forward as hard as possible?
And you can't respect someone you hate. Period.

Its very easy to respect someone you hate. And Nash was a horrible choice for a C, a quiet guy who was basically the only thing the franchise had going for it so they did the ole lets give our best player the C. He wasnt there at the start when Nash was named but at the end I was in the MacKenzie corner. Also Dorsett as captain... thats a scary thought
That year Dubi didnt save his energy and we made the playoffs he shut down the games best player and averaged 7 (maybe more cant remember) hits a game. Theres a reason this isn't the 1st team to have brought his name up in captain conversations. I guess im old school, I like the in your face leader and is the first one to make or take a hit, the first to fight for a teammate, the first to say something when something needs to be said. Honestly feel like people are way to soft these days
Plus say Dubi gets the C that doesn't mean that Foligno, Johnson, Tyutin, Letestu if hes here, Hartnell have no voice or arent still looked at in the same way.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Both guys could do a great job...

But when I look back at the playoffs last year... Dubi is my choice

No one raised the level of his game more when it counted than Dubi

Not sure anyone else in the league could shut down Crosby for 6 games like Dubi did

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Plus say Dubi gets the C that doesn't mean that Foligno, Johnson, Tyutin, Letestu if hes here, Hartnell have no voice or arent still looked at in the same way.

I like our leadership group the way it is. Lots of good strong voices who can step in when needed. So part of what I'm looking for in a captain is someone who can keep inviting others in. And on that count I actually think Foligno might be better. If Foligno was captain, Dubi could still be the great leader that he is. If Dubi was captain, I'm not so sure about what happens to others' voices.

KlichkoBro*

OK. Foligno was a captain of the NHL all-stars team and it looked like he was well respected by his teammates. He was the one who spoke for the team after the last home game. And Foligno was an alternate captain.
He hits, he fights, he can score goals, he's a good leader and also he can can talk to the refs with respect and say "Calm down. Just relax" when it needed. And he can talk to the youngsters as an all-star.
What else you can ask from your captain?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
We have three-four fine candidates so we can't miss here. But in this situation I choose DUbi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad