Tribute Captain Morgan our number 1 D

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
I know he had an off year last year minus the playoffs. But this year he’s looked like himself offensively and like Brodie defensively. He played 30 minutes against Florida last night and is an absolute gamer.
Let’s not say he’s looked like himself let’s say he’s a legit number one defencemen and the guy on the pair at both ends of the ice he hasn’t ever really looked like that other than in spurts I have been a tough critic of him in the past but the facts are he’s just better

Once

Jul 16, 2010
been a huge Rielly supporter since his draft. It’s great to see him develop into a reliable #1 minute muncher. Interesting though that he’s never really developed a weapon from the point. Would like to see him try to put more pucks on net ala Tampa series

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Did he even have an off year least year? He's an amazing player and stand-up dude. The rare player that got paid then *upped* his game. He took a bit of a discount and basically became a Leaf for life. Love him.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
He's not elite defensively, but he works his ass off and brings elite offense to go with his passable defense. He's the only player on the team with any real leadership chops and should be the guy who wears the C. He's earned the Maple Leaf on his chest a thousand times over and if the other bunch of losers we call his teammates ever actually win anything, I bet that we'll learn it was because Captain Morgan gave the dressing room speech that changed everything.

Reactions: SwissLeaf

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
class act both on and off the ice , great to seeing him having an outstanding year

should have been given the C instead of the overrated no personality me first Tavares

Reactions: Glacious and arso40

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
Underrated season so far among league D, he’s been the total package we hoped he could be.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Hope he's sleeping good. With the state of our D right now he's going to be ridden like never before.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
He consistently raises his game when it matters most

I still remember how much urgency and pace he played with in game 5 versus Florida last year, he was also incredibly pissed when there was the no-goal call. We need more players like him

Reactions: 1specter

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Mo is the heart and soul of this team and has been for years. He plays with his heart on his sleeve and is the unsung hero for whatever few big moments this team has had in recent years. Wish the rest of the team and the core especially had big balls like him.

Reactions: LeafSteel

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
Mo is the real deal and could find himself immortalized with a statue on Legends Row when he retires.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Mo's been solid and reliable this year. Doing what's been asked of him leading a pretty shabby blueline hit with the injury bug too.

Reactions: LeafSteel

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
My favourite Leaf and the one who should be captain of this team. He's been great. That block against Minnesota and subsequent pass to Nylander for the OT winner in Sweden seems to have further elevated the confidence in his game.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
He's played well this season. Our team is better when he's the second best defenseman. Find the next Muzzin. Free Harbaugh. :)

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Tops in team TOI/G and for points from the blueline. Can't ask for much more than that.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
To quote the venerable Mike Ness: I was wrong.

Called for the man to be traded. Then the playoffs rolled around and he played like my idea of a Maple Leaf. Actually, like my idea of a Maple Leafs captain that loves the club, loves his teammates and is willing to bleed and bite to get the Cup.

Not to sully the thread, but is this the type of club that can be lead by the right example?

Reactions: Clyde Brewer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad