Pre-Game Talk: Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
They should just let Reinhart play 1st pairing minutes in the AHL this season. There is no point in having so many defencemen up with the big club.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
They should just let Reinhart play 1st pairing minutes in the AHL this season. There is no point in having so many defencemen up with the big club.

yep when schultz comes back either someone goes down...reinhart ...or there is a deal made to free up the space

McHilman

Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton
are you hoping lander sits or has this been confirmed? The kid needs to get things going or else he's gonna play himself out of the nhl. He definitely deserves a few games in the pb. Rooting for lander but it's looking pretty bad for him now. Doubt chia plays around with guys that can't figure it out. Yak included.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
AH. I guess that makes sense, the "geni" in Evgeni to "geno", I still find it odd that some dude calling the game would refer to him by that though. Like what, are you guys best buddies, hanging around having beers after the game?

Yeah, its weird to me too. Maybe they feel left out and are compensating as best they can :laugh:

McDeathbyCheerios*

Are you hoping Lander sits or has this been confirmed? The kid needs to get things going or else he's gonna play himself out of the NHL. He definitely deserves a few games in the PB. Rooting for Lander but it's looking pretty bad for him now. Doubt Chia plays around with guys that can't figure it out. Yak included.
Line combos Stauffer posted have Lander sitting, Korpi as center on the 4th line with Nilsson in. Reinhart, Ference and Schultz also out.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Nurse-Sekera
Klefbom-Schultz
Davidson-Fayne
Gryba rotating in.
Reinhart in the AHL
Ference in PB
Klefbom has looked much better away from Schultz. I think Schultz plays with Davidson or Gryba while Klefbom sticks with Fayne.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
This is good, Lander could use to hit the reset button a few times. Have been happy with the player movement and scratches so far by McLellan.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Lander screwed us over.

uh. What?

You think he likes not having any points or pulling up a seat in the pressbox? He's making $925K.

He's not mailing it in by any stretch. He has the 7th most shots of Oiler forwards. He's winning 55% of his draws. I can't find the stat anywhere but I believe he was leading the Oilers in penalties drawn after ten games or so. He definitely needed to sit a game to get a bit of a re-set, but it's not like he's going out there and deliberately sucking.

Unsustainably bad. Draisaitl is unsustainably good. See next article. ;)

Oct 15, 2008
That video highlights a pet peeve of mine. Colour commentators/pbp guys using player nicknames. Orlie? Come on. Remenda does it too. Drives me a little crazy when he calls RNH Nuge. These guys are supposed to be professionals. I get it if they're having a conversation with them or something. But while calling the game, call the players names.

the-latest-nfl-stadium-mess-or-old-man-yells-at-cloud-1424186090.jpg

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
For this game or for the games the East? :sarcasm:

You're setting your standards much too low IMHO.

They would do very well to come out with 8 - 12 points on this trip I think.

Considering there is only 10 pts to be made on a 5 game trip, I would love to be able to get 12

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Finally get to see a game at a reasonable time, and I can sit and have a couple of whiskeys, hopefully cheering on a win. My boy will be able to see most of it too.

:handclap: Go Oilers!

Says you, I'm just getting off when it's starting. If it's snowing badly and people are driving like dumbasses on the Yellowhead i'll have to listen to the whole 1st on THEEYOYLERS radio network. :laugh:

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Says you, I'm just getting off when it's starting. If it's snowing badly and people are driving like dumbasses on the Yellowhead i'll have to listen to the whole 1st on THEEYOYLERS radio network. :laugh:
You might want to grab some snacks for the ride home :laugh:

McDeathbyCheerios*

uh. What?

You think he likes not having any points or pulling up a seat in the pressbox? He's making $925K.

He's not mailing it in by any stretch. He has the 7th most shots of Oiler forwards. He's winning 55% of his draws. I can't find the stat anywhere but I believe he was leading the Oilers in penalties drawn after ten games or so. He definitely needed to sit a game to get a bit of a re-set, but it's not like he's going out there and deliberately sucking.

Unsustainably bad. Draisaitl is unsustainably good. See next article. ;)
He is also taking stupid penalties, contributing zero offensively and being more of a problem then a help, coaching staff agrees which is why he is being sat. Not calling him bad just being bad right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad