Not open for further replies.

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
oh if they can pull off a win:
wusyelU.gif

Last edited:

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
A win against Washington could just be the confidence boost this team needs.

Our next nine games look fairly winnable.

November 23 VS Washington
November 25 VS Carolina
November 27 VS Detroit
November 28 VS Pittsburgh
November 30 VS Toronto
December 2nd VS Boston
December 4 VS Dallas
December 6 VS Buffalo
December 9 VS San Jose

It might be the easiest stretch of games we have all season. If there ever was a chance to tally up some points this is our chance.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
That video highlights a pet peeve of mine. Colour commentators/pbp guys using player nicknames. Orlie? Come on. Remenda does it too. Drives me a little crazy when he calls RNH Nuge. These guys are supposed to be professionals. I get it if they're having a conversation with them or something. But while calling the game, call the players names.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I think the Nuge nick adds colour and is sort of endearing, along with being well-known in the fanbase and serving the practical purpose of saving tons of time from saying that massive hyphenated surname.

Orlie from Orlov is kinda dopey.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005

November 25 VS Carolina
November 27 VS Detroit
November 30 VS Toronto
December 2nd VS Boston
December 4 VS Dallas
December 6 VS Buffalo
December 9 VS San Jose

It might be the easiest stretch of games we have all season. If there ever was a chance to tally up some points this is our chance.

You think Detroit, Pitts, Boston, Dallas and San Jose are an easy stretch of games? Really?

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
Finally a game I get to watch.

I would LOVE to get a win and actually build on the positives from last game, but I'm kind of nervous it will be the complete opposite.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
That video highlights a pet peeve of mine. Colour commentators/pbp guys using player nicknames. Orlie? Come on. Remenda does it too. Drives me a little crazy when he calls RNH Nuge. These guys are supposed to be professionals. I get it if they're having a conversation with them or something. But while calling the game, call the players names.

You must love it when they call Malkin "Gino". How in the hell did he get that nickname anyway?

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
If our defense doesn't get utterly shat on like it did last time we played the Caps I'll be surprised.

Need a big big big game from the forwards and Nilsson (if he starts) to have a hope tonight.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Shortening Nugent-Hopkins to Nuge actually let's them call the game more fluidly. Long names are killer for commentating, especially pbp

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter

November 25 VS Carolina
November 27 VS Detroit
November 30 VS Toronto
December 2nd VS Boston
December 4 VS Dallas
December 6 VS Buffalo
December 9 VS San Jose

Cue 9 game losing streak. :sarcasm:
I kid, but seriously, this team has burned me so badly in the past on this kind of thing.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter

There's that one guy that always calls Malkin "Geno" as well, you know, because Malkin is a big fat brick layer from Brooklyn.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Lander sits.

Nilsson running away with the starter job.

I wonder if Nilsson is hungry to make up the first Washington game to the team and is hungry for a win against them

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
Lander sits.

Nilsson running away with the starter job.

I wonder if Nilsson is hungry to make up the first Washington game to the team and is hungry for a win against them

Are you hoping Lander sits or has this been confirmed? The kid needs to get things going or else he's gonna play himself out of the NHL. He definitely deserves a few games in the PB. Rooting for Lander but it's looking pretty bad for him now. Doubt Chia plays around with guys that can't figure it out. Yak included.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Geno is a take on Evgeni, his first name, I think the players came up with it too.

AH. I guess that makes sense, the "geni" in Evgeni to "geno", I still find it odd that some dude calling the game would refer to him by that though. Like what, are you guys best buddies, hanging around having beers after the game?

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Lander sits, Korpse centering Gazdic and Pak-man.

Sekera back, Reinhart sits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad