GDT: Caps Yotes - Later this evening

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Best among mostly shit lol (I joke)? They didn’t want to make the financial commitment, and probably knew his contract demands, sniffed around the league for any potential trade partners and got no bites….

that dude was not the difference in getting the number 1OA lol….therefor yes inconsequential to the tank with their other moves lol….
again, wat. They let him go precisely because he had enough talent to win a few games that'd potentially keep them from the 1OA. That's the literal definition of consequential. Hell, he's making 100k less then his QO offer was going to be and everyone here is ecstatic with price per performance.

It totally couldn't be that the Chicago management is entirely inept and did something stupid, couldn't be.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Sure they did. Was part of “the plan”.

29 other teams would’ve traded him for anything — no team would pay a 7th? LOL. Right
Then why not sign and trade? no buyers….(at the price Strome woukd have cost for the Hawks to sign).

Last edited:

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Then why not sign and trade? no buyers….(at the price Strome woukd have cost for the Hawks to sign).
Because sometimes people are stupid and desperate. And if you sign and cannot trade? Who knows. The Blackhawks have become known for odd choices.

If you think that’s the only option they had, the. OK. I think it was the easiest option. So they took it

Reactions: Calicaps

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Schrödinger’s Strome: simultaneously so good he could’ve single-handedly derailed Chicago’s tank if they’d kept him, and so bad he had zero trade value. They’re playing 27 year old Sam Lafferty as their 3C right now, so it’s not like they pushed him out to make room for prospects. I don’t know why they wouldn’t just sign him to the QO - if he sucks it helps the tank, if he’s good there’s always a market for centers, especially if they’re on a cheap, expiring contract.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
Schrödinger’s Strome: simultaneously so good he could’ve single-handedly derailed Chicago’s tank if they’d kept him, and so bad he had zero trade value. They’re playing 27 year old Sam Lafferty as their 3C right now, so it’s not like they pushed him out to make room for prospects. I don’t know why they wouldn’t just sign him to the QO - if he sucks it helps the tank, if he’s good there’s always a market for centers, especially if they’re on a cheap, expiring contract.
or maybe chicago is just stupid :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Hivemind

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad