GDT: Caps Yotes - Later this evening

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
is this why Chicago let him go? He is gonna come in at $6m or thereabouts by the looks, and with mid term. He is doing a great job for us, but is he a 2C on a cup winning team? Not in my view, and he is too expensive to be a 3C as well
Chicago's offseason moves were about going full tank for Bedard and then the full rebuild around him. It doesn't seem like it was actually about the value or cost of any of the guys they traded or let walk. It was about collecting picks and being very suck.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Chicago's offseason moves were about going full tank for Bedard and then the full rebuild around him. It doesn't seem like it was actually about the value or cost of any of the guys they traded or let walk. It was about collecting picks and being very suck.
Still bizarre they let Strome walk for nothing, though. You think they could have got a pick for his RFA rights, at the very least.

Reactions: Calicaps

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Can falling down be a stat? I'll never understand why Wilson falls down so much.
You either ride your edges or you skid long enough to see yourself become the zamboni

heath-ledger-bored.gif

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
is this why Chicago let him go? He is gonna come in at $6m or thereabouts by the looks, and with mid term. He is doing a great job for us, but is he a 2C on a cup winning team? Not in my view, and he is too expensive to be a 3C as well
Chicago was tanking big time. They also traded DeBrincat.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
They sure aren't trying to win, call it what you want I guess.
I’m just saying he wasn’t that important to dump for the tank lol….they didn’t want to pony up a minimum of 3.6 for multiple years for what he brought them I guess. Their loss, our gain.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
He didn’t earn a qualifying offer…let’s not pretend they just cast him off to tank. He’s wasn‘t that consequential lol….
This is ridiculous. He was one of their best players. Saying a 24 year old who scored 17 even strength goals (same as Patrick Kane, good for 3rd on the team) and 48 points in 69 games was inconsequential is just insane.

They didn't sign him precisely because he was consequential.
1674241615358.png

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
This is ridiculous. He was one of their best players. Saying a 24 year old who scored 17 even strength goals (same as Patrick Kane, good for 3rd on the team) and 48 points in 69 games was inconsequential is just insane.

They didn't sign him precisely because he was consequential.
View attachment 638602
Best among mostly shit lol (I joke)? They didn’t want to make the financial commitment, and probably knew his contract demands, sniffed around the league for any potential trade partners and got no bites….

that dude was not the difference in getting the number 1OA lol….therefor yes inconsequential to the tank with their other moves lol….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad