Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Wings | 4/5/15 | 5pm EST | Big game?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
0.jpg

I've seen bigger.

Caps (97 pts, 38 ROW, 79gp)
@
Red Wings (95 pts, 37 ROW, 78gp)

No clinch with a win today after yesterday's OTL. Can clinch with a Caps win and a loss by Ottawa vs Toronto.

If Detroit wins in regulation they pass the Caps in standings tiebreaker by virtue of head-to-head points making them a tougher out during the stretch if the wildcard spot is in play.

If the Caps win they jump the Islanders and take 2nd in the Metro but do not clinch, and other teams below have games in hand.

Mrazek confirmed to start for the Wings but no word on who's in net for the Caps so don't ask. See for yourself here: http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/starting-goalies/

Last edited:

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Anyone see Datsyuk play last night? Curious if he looked 100% or if they rushed him back. They are a different team with PD playing again.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
With help, but not by just winning like yesterday. Ottawa also needs to lose today. Maybe that wasn't clear enough in the GDT OP. Will edit.

Oh sorry thought you just missed it. Your correct that we need help :)

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Hope they put it on the line today. Last road game, then we can play 2 at home over a nice long week. Also have Boston coming to town and unless I'm wrong we haven't given up a goal to them all year.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Big game.

Lots of good hockey starting at this point.

Overall, I'm happy with how the Caps have played lately. Beating Minnesota, Rangers, Montreal, and Boston has been big. Coming back from being down 3-0 against Nashville and Ottawa is good too. I think it'll help them realize they aren't good enough to come back/be good enough to just come back from those bad starts.

Detroit is a desperate team. They are a team that is definitely going to treat this game like a playoff game against us. I feel this will be another game that I think will help prepare us for the playoffs. I'd much rather finish the year playing these teams than being Pitt playing teams like Arizona, Buffalo, etc.

Vladiator16*

He came back though.

I hope Chimera's sitting. He's been trash this year.

Trash, ha? How can you call a player on the team you are rooting for trash? Especially the guy who gets paid as forth liner, and usually leaves everything his got on the ice. Who just recently scored incredibly important goal, to break the tie, who just a few games ago bled for our team (fought with his jersey over his head and won). Was his play inconsistent at times? Yes... but calling heart and soul guy like that trash is a Dbag move... imho...

We have to win this one, leaving it up in the air and facing Boston and NYR in our last 2 just doesnt feel comfortable

Lets go Caps :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad