Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Wings - 2pm start *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I agree, but he always needed help to get the puck back. His legs only really moved faster in transition offense, IMO.
You seem to forget that he was always willing to get to te puck through anyone in the o-zone.

I don't think Ovechkin's skills have diminished very much, when he decides he needs to play hard, he's still dangerous as hell. it's his effort in regular season games that isn't anywhere close to when it was even some years ago (not even talking about the young years), in fact, it resembles the game that got BB fired. It's a different time, not only isn't Ovechkin elite anymore when he plays like that, he just plain hurts his line, one of the most stacked units in the league, and our LW goes from pretty deep to pretty bad. It doesn't matter how we change the lines if he just skated around aimlessly on the ice, it can be 8-92-77, 8-19-77, 8-92-14 and any other variant, it won't work when your best player is turned off. Don't blame chemistry or ty to go around it. If he's nursing an injury, he should grow up and take what time's needed to get healthy. It's not the 2009 anymore, when even an injured Ovechkin was one of the best and most fearsome players in the world.

That said, his effort gets much better in playoffs.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
I just don't expect us to lose shootouts. Can't help but think Oshie would be best to start us off

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Poor effort, lead by the captain.

Such fitting that their captain and the guy who trashed the team week ago scored the game-winning goal over our captain.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Poor effort, lead by the captain.

Such fitting that their captain and the guy who trashed the team week ago scored the game-winning goal over our captain.

I'm taking the long view, which is it was an expected flat performance after a long break against a bad but hungry team that will be on the golf course while we're in the playoffs. Next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad