Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Nor worried yet. Only wish they played Samsonov more often, we need Hotlby fresh and Sammy ready in the playoffs

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Orlov who’s been our best Lately playing RD. Bit of panic in that? Maybe, maybe not.

Hopefully we get some PP time and do something with it. To me, Carlsons decision making on the pp has been too slow and it’s stalling the whole thing.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Orlov who’s been our best Lately playing RD. Bit of panic in that? Maybe, maybe not.

Hopefully we get some PP time and do something with it. To me, Carlsons decision making on the pp has been too slow and it’s stalling the whole thing.

Theres been a lot of talk about this dman or that, but the most worrisome to me is the stretch of bad play from Carlson. He's been bad with his puck handling, passing, and defensively for a good amount of time now, I want to say it coincides with the Caps recent slump.

I expected to have Jensen, Gudas, Kempny or whoever to have some bad stretches, but with Carlson it hurts a lot more. Hes been really careless with the puck and slow to the puck. Feels like hes pressing a lot lately and not playing his game (maybe pressure of being so close to the Norris?) Hopefully he turns it around.

All this after all the Caps fans defended him in that stupid little "Carlson doesnt belong with the elite defensemen" thread all season too.

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Its hard to know for sure. It seems like Orlov and Jensen have been pretty effective. Maybe moving Jensen spreads out the good play. Maybe moving Kempny is an attempt to get him going. If he doesn't get going he is going to take a scratch soon

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
bold prediction...the suckage will continue. then the team turns it on the last 10 games

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
18 games left plus hopefully 20-30 games of playoffs. 38-48 hopeful games.

That’s about max for a good hot streak. There’s been some signs of it turning around but the defensive changes show TR is concerned at least a little.

Surely Gudas plays in post season so it’s a little odd imo. Could be to use 2-3 games here to try and answer some questions but it’s risky and it doesn’t promote the vision of a ready team.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

That’s about max for a good hot streak. There’s been some signs of it turning around but the defensive changes show TR is concerned at least a little.

Surely Gudas plays in post season so it’s a little odd imo. Could be to use 2-3 games here to try and answer some questions but it’s risky and it doesn’t promote the vision of a ready team.

Dillon is trying to learn a new team. Kempny is clearly struggling. Siegenthaler is hitting the too much hockey wall most young players get to in their first full nhl season. Gudas who has clearly had his minutes managed may be a little bit worn down himself. Its taking some management

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

I will be extremely shocked if they go 30 games in the playoffs, but happy as heck. It will mean at least two series went 8 games and the Caps won them. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad