Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
The Wild have been playing well lately and have had great goaltending. I smell another trap game, prove me wrong

Jun 15, 2007
Let's see if Reirden's talk with Kempny had any effect.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe

Kempny isn’t necessarily expected to stay on the third pair. His skill set is still suited for a top-four role. If his game doesn’t start to turn around, however, there will be less room for the coaching staff to elevate him and give him more ice time. There also is the role of Jonas Siegenthaler, who has been a healthy scratch since Dillon’s arrival, to consider.

If this is the background reporters are being given by coaches, it helps explain why Kempny hasn’t been a healthy scratch but Jensen, Gudas and Siegenthaler have - the Caps see Kempny as an underperforming top-4 player, where presumably Gudas and Siegenthaler at least aren’t. Jensen has been better of late (in that he isn’t as noticeable as often), but after a difficult regular season and an underwhelming round 1 last year, I can’t see them putting him in the top-4 in an ideal world.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
If this is the background reporters are being given by coaches, it helps explain why Kempny hasn’t been a healthy scratch but Jensen, Gudas and Siegenthaler have - the Caps see Kempny as an underperforming top-4 player, where presumably Gudas and Siegenthaler at least aren’t. Jensen has been better of late (in that he isn’t as noticeable as often), but after a difficult regular season and an underwhelming round 1 last year, I can’t see them putting him in the top-4 in an ideal world.
Which is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->