GDT: Caps vs Yotes 9p.m zzzzzzz fest

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Just passing through but can't resist: No EASHL (ea sports hockey league), no shootouts, no live the life, no online co-op (so if you have a friend over you can't play online versus with him), no drop in with your created pro, you're essentially paying 60 bucks for versus and HUT. On last gen systems, 15 is the exact same game as 14 with roster updates. Sales have been horrible.

This

Vladiator16*

They. Your kids are you son and Vladiator16 :laugh:

Sorry, didnt get that. Did you mean "your son" instead of "you son"? ... then yeah... lol

Ooops! Gotcha. I assumed Twins by the "kids" haha. :sarcasm:

Obviously a must have for me is The last of us.. GTA5 will be fun..

depends what kind of games you like.. I bought NHL15 and took it back a week later, they released a half ass game.

http://www.ign.com/games/reviews/ps4 <--- reviews
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Canadian moderators on the main board pretending Ovechkin might not get into the HoF FFS. /facepalm

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
The Last Of Us on PS4 is the best game I've ever played. Finished it during the Redskins debacle on Sunday. FIFA >>> NHL, but NHL 15 has grown on me.

did you play it on the ps3 if so is it worth buying again? im hoping it will drop to 30 dollars or something after Christmas. As much as i love naughty dog dishing out 120 bucks for the same game is a little much.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
did you play it on the ps3 if so is it worth buying again? im hoping it will drop to 30 dollars or something after Christmas. As much as i love naughty dog dishing out 120 bucks for the same game is a little much.

For single player? Na.. But me and 6 buddies all played multiplayer relentlessly and that was 100% worth it..

Otherwise it's a classic must own and I'd wait for price drop if you're just into single player.

MyCapsCap

Apr 19, 2014
Hey Blades,
whats wrong with nhl15?
Im buying a ps4 this weekend. Actually only reason why i even own a ps in the first place is to play nhl.
I played 15 on ps4 at my friends house and it seemed pretty good to me.
What exactly made you return it?

Things missing from NHL 15

Modes/Features

No GM Connected
No Online Team Play (when this is patched into the game later this year, it will use real NHL players and teams)
No EA Sports Hockey League
No EA Sports Arena
No Online Shootouts
No Live the Life
No Be A Legend
No Winter Classic
No tournaments or Battle for the Cup
No season mode (you can only play seasons in Be A GM, which is limited to NHL teams)
No NHL 94 Anniversary mode
No custom music support
No create-a-play designer
Cannot customize each team's AI
No create-a-team
No way to edit individual players
Practice mode is now limited to one skater vs. an AI goalie

Gameplay

No custom camera option
No Action Tracker replay highlights
No Top 3 Stars at the end of games.

Be A GM

Yearly draft is fully automated by the CPU
Cannot play the AHL games for your chosen franchise
Players sent down to the minors do not accumulate any season stats
No fantasy draft option
No preseason games

Be A Pro

No option to sim ahead to the next shift
You only play in the NHL; you cannot play for minor league teams
The Memorial Cup tryout period is gone. You now begin by picking an NHL team, or by letting a random CPU team draft you.
No All-Star game

Ultimate Team

Cannot play against your friends
No tournaments
No mobile app

Halpysback*

At least they're sticking to their guns and continuing the work of molding Kuz into a great 4th line center. God knows we need one. If we had a good 4C we'd have so many cups by now.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA

Actually, they patched in the manual draft last month as well as some other minor additions/fixes. Looks right other than that though.

I'm waiting for the price drop, because I'm a compulsive collector, but the game is quite incomplete. NHL 16 should be pretty good, though, because the gameplay is amazing.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010

Is that what video games cost these days?!?:amazed:

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England

Modes/Features

No GM Connected
No Online Team Play (when this is patched into the game later this year, it will use real NHL players and teams)
No EA Sports Hockey League
No EA Sports Arena
No Online Shootouts
No Live the Life
No Be A Legend
No Winter Classic
No tournaments or Battle for the Cup
No season mode (you can only play seasons in Be A GM, which is limited to NHL teams)
No NHL 94 Anniversary mode
No custom music support
No create-a-play designer
Cannot customize each team's AI
No create-a-team
No way to edit individual players
Practice mode is now limited to one skater vs. an AI goalie

Gameplay

No custom camera option
No Action Tracker replay highlights
No Top 3 Stars at the end of games.

Be A GM

Yearly draft is fully automated by the CPU
Cannot play the AHL games for your chosen franchise
Players sent down to the minors do not accumulate any season stats
No fantasy draft option
No preseason games

Be A Pro

No option to sim ahead to the next shift
You only play in the NHL; you cannot play for minor league teams
The Memorial Cup tryout period is gone. You now begin by picking an NHL team, or by letting a random CPU team draft you.
No All-Star game

Ultimate Team

Cannot play against your friends
No tournaments
No mobile app

It's just embarrassing, how do they get away with it?! If NHL 2K14 was still alive they would surely be gaining some ground this year it sounds awful.

My NHL14 disc is still unplayable from when I threw my controller at my xbox due to getting 50 shots and losing 1-0 after a goalie blunder.... Don't think my poor xbox deserves paying the price for another EA NHL game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad