Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Wings 7:30pm Nov 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
Fucale starting is huge, IMO. Enough to start trade rumors even, unless Sammy is sick or injured.

I hope he plays well. As much as I want Samsonov to succeed, having flexibility to move him could really help right now. Caps are totally banged up and could quickly fall down the standings quickly. Not for Gibson or another goalie, though. I’d try to package him with Sprong for some secondary scoring depth.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Its been my long ass observation that a lot of goalies things don't click till after 25 so who knows lets see what the kid has to offer.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
You don’t understand how a sarcastic post is a joke?
Can you not see how making a joke about remembrance day or veterans day might be offensive to some people? Alot of people take this day very serious.
But as long as you think it's funny then I guess it's ok.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Can you not see how making a joke about remembrance day or veterans day might be offensive to some people? Alot of people take this day very serious.

oh ffs

He didn't mock the holiday or the occasion at all. He made a non-serious remark about TW lumping USA and Canada together. That's it.

lightenupfrancis.jpeg

Reactions: Corby78 and um

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Fucale starting is huge, IMO. Enough to start trade rumors even, unless Sammy is sick or injured.

I hope he plays well. As much as I want Samsonov to succeed, having flexibility to move him could really help right now. Caps are totally banged up and could quickly fall down the standings quickly. Not for Gibson or another goalie, though. I’d try to package him with Sprong for some secondary scoring depth.

vanacek is the one that is injured and its a back to back with sammy starting tomorrow

Reactions: SDBondra

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

He was making a joke about Tom Wilson, not the holiday. Everyone else got it, try to keep up.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Veterans Day, huh?

You know the rookies aren’t getting any ice time today.

brian-baumgartner-badumtss.gif

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021

Since they started tracking 5v5 g/60, Sprong his career average is sitting around the top 10 100+ games (similar number as McDavid). Why would you trade him, if you are looking for secondary scoring?

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe

For me, it isn’t Fucale starting that’s odd - Sammy’s play doesn’t scream ‘play him in B2B games’ with Vitek out. Lavi refusing to say who he expects to start tomorrow? That’s telling.

If they thought Vanecek might play, you’d start Samsonov tonight. Hard to see why you wouldn’t say ‘Sammy will play during this back to back’ with Vitek nursing an injury and Fucale an NHL unknown.

That said, they want more from Vanecek too - Sammy’s play has been unsteady, but it’s not like VV is going lights out either. It’s seeming less likely these are our two goalies by the seasons end.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Props to the vets in our bunch here. Thank you for all you did.

Now....7:30 start. Yuck(yes, this means that I am watching the game. This game too.)
Its going to be a Wings broadcast night. Keeping a switcher ready if Ov gets that Hull passer tonight

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
Ok.. one more thing that is off about the situation. VV has participated fully in both practices since he was “injured” and even stayed on for extra work today. This seems to me just an excuse to see if Fucale can back-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad