Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Wings 7:30pm Nov 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Play him tomorrow?

Yes! He's the Caps best goalie right now. Everything that Vitek/Sammy have frustrated me with, Fucale has answer the bell. He looked like a vet goalie out there tonight.

Only road block in the way is that Murray/Lavi don't reward the goalie to play the next game if they get a shutout.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Is there some kind of story I’m missing on Fucale? Saw he has a main boards thread. Was he just a super hyped up prospect who could never get a chance?
Just check out his page on elite prospects

Zach Fucale at eliteprospects.com

Drafted by Montreal. Was very, very hyped as being the next big thing. I remember Montreal posters were crazy about him back in the day.

Reactions: max21

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I doubt they do it. There’s such a strong preference nowadays for splitting up the BSBs, and tonight was probably extra intense and tiring because of all the attention and nerves and family in the stands and all that. I bet Lavi goes with sammy
Back to backs are an AHLer’s speciality though. Fucale is used to it and didn’t face a ton of action through the final two periods

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
That was interesting. Axe and Hagelin together on the pk was kind of a treat. McMichael is just short of a little finish. Sprong is playing himself off he team. The Caps need Backstrom and Oshie.

Reactions: troyerlaw

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Just check out his page on elite prospects

Zach Fucale at eliteprospects.com

Drafted by Montreal. Was very, very hyped as being the next big thing. I remember Montreal posters were crazy about him back in the day.

Same here. I remember him being really hyped up. I wondered what happened to him. My guess was personal reasons or he couldn't crack the lineup. Hope he blossoms for us though :).

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
That was interesting. Axe and Hagelin together on the pk was kind of a treat. McMichael is just short of a little finish. Sprong is playing himself off he team. The Caps need Backstrom and Oshie.
Playing himself off the team? He was one of their best forwards tonight on the best line for them tonight and he’s got the best release on the team. He’s a perfect fit for their middle six.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Is there some kind of story I’m missing on Fucale? Saw he has a main boards thread. Was he just a super hyped up prospect who could never get a chance?
He's the Canadian version of Jack Campbell. Hyped prospect, drafted high, starter on stacked WJHC teams, rough start to pro career, bounces between AHL/ECHL, moves between a couple franchises. Campbell finally broke through int he NHL with Toronto, remains to be seen if Fucale can with Washington.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
What a great story with Fucale. Just watched his morning interview and waiting his after game one. He tried to ply cool after the buzz, but then the guys started congratulating him and he started smiling.

With this being said, people are crazy for wanting to see him for tomorrow. B2B is hard, no reason to ruin a nice momentum for him, as well Sammy needs to play to and get chances. More options we have on goal - better for us.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Same here. I remember him being really hyped up. I wondered what happened to him. My guess was personal reasons or he couldn't crack the lineup. Hope he blossoms for us though :).

An other botched development by Montreal management. They drafted him in the early second round just to have him play behind Charlie Lindgren (an undrafted overated average guy) in the AHL and never gave him a real chance.

As a Habs fan, congrats to him and I wish him all the best. We've had putrid development, management, owner and coaching for years. What a clown organization we have to cheer for.

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Ya, any other start I'd consider Fucale again tomorrow but I'm sure tonight was physically and emotionally draining. Let's see if Samsonov steps up.

I am curious why he never got a shot in the NHL, his numbers look good everywhere he's been.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Playing himself off the team? He was one of their best forwards tonight on the best line for them tonight and he’s got the best release on the team. He’s a perfect fit for their middle six.

We will see. Eh? Have you ever perceived a guy is playing badly when others dont agree? Lets see. Axe played more, yes?

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
You can’t start Fucale again. Despite being 26 he is a kid. First NHL game. I guarantee he is mentally and physically exhausted. But I wouldn’t be surprised in Vanecek gets the start tomorrow.
If this is the case, then they gave up on Sammy. The season has been just a dozen games in, I highly doubt that the case. Especially considering they protected him this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad