Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Sharts - 1030zzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Giving up just 2 regulation time goals in 3 games is the most surprising part of it all.

This takes us back to what the subject has been here recently. Get rid of Hagelin, a defense first forward, Schultz and Carlson, and the goaltending sucks. Yet, the Caps are 3rd in goals against average, 2nd in shots against per game, and 10th on the pk after a slow start. We dont like the coaching from Lavy on down. Do we reasonably expect that this isn't good enough?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
This takes us back to what the subject has been here recently. Get rid of Hagelin, a defense first forward, Schultz and Carlson, and the goaltending sucks. Yet, the Caps are 3rd in goals against average, 2nd in shots against per game, and 10th on the pk after a slow start. We dont like the coaching from Lavy on down. Do we reasonably expect that this isn't good enough?
The team is playing very well right now. I'm not sure if it is good enough to make a run at the cup.
We do have a couple of spots on the roster that we could improve on. But messing around with the roster could hurt the team chemistry.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
idk what to think about sammy. two awesome performances in a row, but still - i can't trust him as a #1 option. i'd love to see at least 5-10 more decent starts from him. i don't care about shutouts, just solid starts with no stupid mistakes, softies, and as a bonus a few big saves (every single good #1 should make a huge save from time to time).
Can we trust Vanecek?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Fell asleep before the game. Loaded up the ESPN+ app to watch it today. It immediately took me to the Caps page with the score of the game right at the top. Way to spoil the game ESPN. :laugh:

Still gonna watch, but good job Sammy lol

Reactions: searle

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Sammy's Got His Groove Back, pretty awesome for b2b SO's... a little more luck this game with SJ missing several big chances, but great for Sammy's confidence, and the press and fans to start getting more on his side

Caps super fortunate to keep SJ off board in 2nd, PK managed another 0-fer

Protas 2nd game in a row looking really strong, good FO #'s, good board work, responsible, shots, 1 bad giveaway in Dzone but generally making smart decisions, hope he can stay up a lot longer

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
This is not the same veteran Sharks team as in past years.

Oh I know that, but it didn't matter even when they were very young expansion team. West Coast trips in general were brutal for the Caps with exception to some Calgary and Edmonton games. Vancouver, LA, Ducks, and Ducks were almost impossible to win for several decades. These were always test games for me and the Caps have proven again they can compete with anyone. This is a brutal schedule with back to backs on the road.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

Way too early right now, but so far the Caps are passing the test. Plenty of elite teams in the league and some sleeper teams still getting it together. It will always depend on the veterans and if the goaltending holds up. There seems to be no panic and the sense of urgency of all players is pretty high. If Sammie plays like regularly like he has this past week, then I say we're high favorites. Caps play a lot more difficult opponents in the East too, compared to the West. The early adversity, road record, and team bonding so far is phenomenal.

Reactions: zappa4ever

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Way too early right now, but so far the Caps are passing the test. Plenty of elite teams in the league and some sleeper teams still getting it together. It will always depend on the veterans and if the goaltending holds up. There seems to be no panic and the sense of urgency of all players is pretty high. If Sammie plays like regularly like he has this past week, then I say we're high favorites. Caps play a lot more difficult opponents in the East too, compared to the West. The early adversity, road record, and team bonding so far is phenomenal.

The coming game v Carolina will be an interesting benchmark game

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad