Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Sharts - 1030zzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I find it insane that the Sharks thought it would be a good idea to spend so much money on aging defensemen. $26.5M tied up in EK, Burns and Vlasic for the next 3 years. Vlasic has one extra year, EK has two extra years on top of that. They're guaranteed to lose Hertl this off season as well. Signing EK is what precipitated their downfall IMO.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
If I recall correctly, he was a project pick to begin with. He's just developing faster than most projects. He certainly has the tools and intelligence to play in the NHL now.
Tools? Yeah.
But I think he needs to begin to process the game a bit quicker. I had a long post about this in the Kings game GDT that I don't want to fully rehash, but I think Protas is the one young guy we have that could benefit the most from some additional AHL seasoning. Not that he can't have NHL responsibility in his current state, but if we want him to be able to take that next step to be more than just a big body with soft hands, he needs time in game situations with the puck on his stick. He needs to be able to make reads quicker than he is, and avoid some of the mistakes that result from his moments of hesitation.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
btw, while Protas could be good one day he has a problem: too many centers in front of him. anyway glad to hear warm words about his play. the more better guys in Hershey the better.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Tools? Yeah.
But I think he needs to begin to process the game a bit quicker. I had a long post about this in the Kings game GDT that I don't want to fully rehash, but I think Protas is the one young guy we have that could benefit the most from some additional AHL seasoning. Not that he can't have NHL responsibility in his current state, but if we want him to be able to take that next step to be more than just a big body with soft hands, he needs time in game situations with the puck on his stick. He needs to be able to make reads quicker than he is, and avoid some of the mistakes that result from his moments of hesitation.

I don't have no problem with AHL time because it doesn't hurt them. I do like they are getting NHL time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad