GDT: Caps vs Sens 7pm Dec 22(Ovi another try for 801)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Not gonna lie. The way they were playing earlier this season I thought Lavi was fired and the team was done. All the injuries at the same time was like a huge snowball just barreling downhill and out of control.

What do you guys/gals feel the turning point was?

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Not gonna lie. The way they were playing earlier this season I thought Lavi was fired and the team was done. All the injuries at the same time was like a huge snowball just barreling downhill and out of control.

IMO it's just the fact that the line-up has been shaken up so much, it took time to gel.

Reactions: BallardEra

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Marcus instrumental on 2 consecutive OT winners. Really glad to see him showing such strong play. Think he has always been under-appreciated and has been hammered for the things he doesn’t do rather than valued for what he does.

Reactions: um

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

Well in another thread I posted I didn't think certain player had a winning attitude. It has changed thankfully even though I still want a certain player to contribute more and not try to be a passing machine, but shoot. I love our goalies and the change in atmosphere. We still have a long season, however being six points out of the metro lead is remarkable considering the rough start and other ailments.

Reactions: BallardEra

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
They have also had a relatively easy schedule lately. Detroit, Chicago, Ottawa, Philly are bad teams. Toronto win was great don’t get me wrong but earlier in the season they had a pretty tough stretch of playing a lot of good teams back to back.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
My for real answer is I think the defense is just playing better. Orlov and Jensen had a rough start to the year somewhat uncharacteristically. Gustafsson wasn't nearly as effective as now. Carlson was making a bunch of mistakes. TVR has been his normal solid self. Even Irwin has been fine in a 6D role.

Pre-Thanksgiving they were 23rd in xGF% at 5v5 at 47%. Since Thanksgiving they are 2nd at 58%. Most of that improvement came from the defensive end where they went from 2.72 xGA/60 to 2.09 xGA/60. They improved offensively but not to the same extent.

If only I had any faith in John Carlson not falling apart in the postseason again, should they make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad