GDT: Caps vs Red wings 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazer

Jun 20, 2009
Maryland, US
yesterday was the first time in 8 years of season ticket holder fandom that I saw the guest services willingly give out extra bobbleheads after the game

Sad Darcy's career has come to this
I mean, they didn't even let him play on his bubblehead night. Not sure i recall this happening to another player aside from injuries etc....
If someone is willing to take a chance on Kuemper, even at a very low price, I would move him and go with a Lindgren/Stevenson tandem next year (with Shepard still under contract in Hershey as a very capable #3 if needed).

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
If someone is willing to take a chance on Kuemper, even at a very low price, I would move him and go with a Lindgren/Stevenson tandem next year (with Shepard still under contract in Hershey as a very capable #3 if needed).
Agreed but it would not surprise me if they already tried that but did not have any takers. His value only dropped since then. People have short memory so maybe in the summer someone will take a chance.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
If you make the playoffs and have a 38% chance of winning each series you have a 2% of winning the Cup. In a capped league it is rare for a team to have as low as a 38% chance to win a playoff series. I truly believe if the Caps make the playoffs with their centers they have a greater than 2% to win the Cup.
Caps doesn't have much high end talent, but depth and a good goalie is a good formula for the playoffs.

Kazer

Jun 20, 2009
Maryland, US
I doubt that you can find anyone willing to take on that contract at this point.
That's how I felt about Kuznetsov, and we somehow got a 3rd back(!). Goalies are weird. Teams are sometimes willing to roll the dice if they think their system/goalie coach can help. He was decent last year (.908%) and has won a cup in semi-recent memory which helps.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
If your a true Caps fan, this stupid, crazy, pointless little run of theirs is beyond depressing.
I'm not mad at the Caps though. They're just dong their jobs. I am royally pissed at the freakin'
Dead Things and pitiful New Jersey Devils. Particularly Detroit, who are doing an impression
of Free Willy landing on some beach and flopping around in the sand. PATHETIC. The Red Wings
players should be denied their salaries. They should be fired and should be sent to fight on the front lines in one of the current global wars, take your pick. That will wake them up.

Now watch as the Caps get swept in 4 and Pittsburgh ends up with a franchise player in the draft.

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine!

Reactions: Kazer

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
If your a true Caps fan, this stupid, crazy, pointless little run of theirs is beyond depressing.
I'm not mad at the Caps though. They're just dong their jobs. I am royally pissed at the freakin'
Dead Things and pitiful New Jersey Devils. Particularly Detroit, who are doing an impression
of Free Willy landing on some beach and flopping around in the sand. PATHETIC. The Red Wings
players should be denied their salaries. They should be fired and should be sent to fight on the front lines in one of the current global wars, take your pick. That will wake them up.

Now watch as the Caps get swept in 4 and Pittsburgh ends up with a franchise player in the draft.
giphy.gif

Thing is, if the ref calls GI on the Flyers 2nd goal in Game 7 as should have been called, or doesn't make that absurd call on Poti in OT - we win that game, and then likely blow through Montreal into the 3rd round (as a very mediocre Philly team did) against Sid and the Pens. Apart from being a great spectacle, we would have gotten more experience winning playoff series earlier - and that would have made us stronger for the subsequent series to come. If if if if
All of that is true. But they still went into that series as barely-made-it underdogs with no pressure. And they thrived in that role, undone only by shitty reffing. Hell, when they finally broke through and won it all it was the first year in ages that they weren't favored.

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland

You must be a ton of fun at a party. I think you might be the only one on this forum who wants to trade places with Pittsburgh.

We're seeing the Caps prospects successfully developing into bonified NHL talent who are playing a huge part in the team winning. They now have a chance to get some playoff experience and grow even more. You would think people on a forum dedicated to future NHL players would be excited by this. I guess for some people, the fun is only in collecting the assets and it becomes less interesting for them when those prospects start to realize their potential.

Reactions: Calicaps

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
We're seeing the Caps prospects successfully developing into bonified NHL talent who are playing a huge part in the team winning. They now have a chance to get some playoff experience and grow even more. You would think people on a forum dedicated to future NHL players would be excited by this. I guess for some people, the fun is only in collecting the assets and it becomes less interesting for them when those prospects start to realize their potential.

I have to admit, I was concerned that the Caps recent draft picks would, eventually become NHL'rs but mid level ones who don't really help them win much, they just occupy starting spots on a meh team. But these kids are not just passengers, they are leading the team into the playoffs along side Ovi.

If anyone hasn't said it yet, Spencer Carbomb is the best coach this team has had in ages. He's quite literally maximizing this roster and has them in the playoffs as of March 27. Remarkable, and the kids are all right too!

I think some fans are just a little slow to catch on.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I have to admit, I was concerned that the Caps recent draft picks would, eventually become NHL'rs but mid level ones who don't really help them win much, they just occupy starting spots on a meh team. But these kids are not just passengers, they are leading the team into the playoffs along side Ovi.

If anyone hasn't said it yet, Spencer Carbomb is the best coach this team has had in ages. He's quite literally maximizing this roster and has them in the playoffs as of March 27. Remarkable, and the kids are all right too!

I think some fans are just a little slow to catch on.
People have no patience... and that's with the team performing above expectations. I had my fingers crossed that the "would've been a top 10 pick but for X" kids, like Miro and Jimi would prove to be just that, but the team has gelled faster and played better than they reasonably should be.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
This is my second favorite season as a Caps fan since 2006. My favorite is retrospective but we were favorites most years. The years we weren’t — when we beat Boston with Joel Ward— and almost went to the ECF before choking to the Rangers and Stepan were the most fun. It is literally house money. Ovi in the playoffs is never bad.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
We’re doomed!

Biggest game of the year….if you get 2 bourbons down prior to puck drop, I predict a win…..don’t let us down!
I did down two Bourbons before the game. Went to the new Lounge at second intermission. There is both a restaurant with private entrance from Gallery place. Didn’t have time to eat. The lounge is actually a suite (right by section 114). Was able to sweet talk the door people into letting me bring in some other guests. Then watched the third period and OT from the suite while running up a $300 tab in short order (basically a period). Had to watch the third period tonight because… well you know. f***ing great night!

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
yesterday was the first time in 8 years of season ticket holder fandom that I saw the guest services willingly give out extra bobbleheads after the game

Sad Darcy's career has come to this
I was one of those guys. Left our bobbleheads at my seats and sent my buddy down to get them and someone snatched them. Went to guest services and gave him two more. Haha.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Are they able to move him (assuming a trade partner) and retain some salary, just to get him on to a fresh start (for both parties)?
Hard no. We almost never have dead cap money and that is for a reason… it sucks and bad use of cap. Plus at $5.7M he is not that expensive and he is still better than Shep or Mud (now).

Goalies are weird, streaky, and complex creatures. Keumper could very well be just fine next year. And then when Chucky contract is up we’ll have some decisions to make. But I’m not willing to anoint him god and give him $6M per year either. We need to continue to see him be consistently good.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

I’m going to assume you’re just being sarcastic, but just in case you aren’t, I will raise one very important point.

The Pens 1st round pick is top 10 protected. They either lose it this year (and get nothing after a horrible season), or they lose it next year which could result in losing a 1st overall pick in the worst case scenario.

This is the darkest timeline for them right now and I absolutely love it. No way in hell would I want to trade our situation for theirs, no one would.

Go Caps! Keep proving everyone wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad