GDT: Caps vs Pens 7pm ET Feb 1st

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Not sure what to make of that game. 2 points against the pens is always great to see. But did the pens ever outplay caps for most of that game… but hard to tell how much impact the refs has on momentum.. Sprongs second penalty that was phantom trip, the Deflected DOG and reversed goal were brutal momentum killers.
Think you can definitely say refs rooked us on occasion. But yes, much of the first 30-35 minutes were played in our end with Pens having a lot of control. Late 2nd goal was huge.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Also, Pens ZERO even strength goals. Suckit!

giphy.gif

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Not sure what to make of that game. 2 points against the pens is always great to see. But did the pens ever outplay caps for most of that game… but hard to tell how much impact the refs has on momentum.. Sprongs second penalty that was phantom trip, the Deflected DOG and reversed goal were brutal momentum killers.

An ugly win is great because the Caps will get going then all of a sudden a game with the Pens shows up and they'll lose in stupid fashion. They tried hard to tonight to deflate the gains from Dallas game.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I don’t think they deserved to win but it all kinda evens out. We should have won a few earlier this year where we let it slip away. Nice to steal a game away every now and then from a good team

Reactions: Neil Racki

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I thought Kuznetsov and Ovechkin were good all game. Nice to see them control play, even if they didn’t pot one in regulation.

The time on ice is again a problem. Is Connor McMichael really being optimally used getting 5:09 tonight? How many offensive possessions do we have to see Carl Hagelin kill instead?

Dmitry Orlov is cool. Nice to see him do the fake drop pass to gain separation on Crosby.

The zebras had a rough night.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Per the WaPo, concussion spotters did not take VV out of the game, he took himself out due to an upper body thing.

Vanny also credits he recent sting of consistent starts to improved mental approach because of, cough, Scott Murray and a sports psychologist from back home in Czech Republic. Discuss :)

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The Caps scored 5 legit goals in that game including the goalie interference that they lost. The Pens scored 2 legit goals plus 1 on a clearly concussed goaltender.

Also, yes Kapanen hit him on the chin with his helmet but how come nobody on the broadcast mentioned that Vanecek knocked the net off by hitting the goal post/cross bar junction with the back of his head?

Reactions: Neil Racki

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Vanny also credits he recent sting of consistent starts to improved mental approach because of, cough, Scott Murray and a sports psychologist from back home in Czech Republic. Discuss :)
Is giving up the first goal in basically every game really a sign of improved mental approach? Even when he shut out Dallas he gave up an early goal that got called back.

I guess it does speak well for his ability to "forget the last play" and make saves after letting an early goal in.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Guy has a .941 save% for 6 games

"Yeah but he's been giving up the first goal a lot"

/hf

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Is giving up the first goal in basically every game really a sign of improved mental approach? Even when he shut out Dallas he gave up an early goal that got called back.

I guess it does speak well for his ability to "forget the last play" and make saves after letting an early goal in.

You're discussing the wrong point:D He credits his recent "success" in part to Scott Murray, LOL.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: