Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Jackets at 7pm Dec 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
To be honest, probably just a goal scorers's instinct. At this point it's just instinct that you don't even think about.

That too. I'm a hockey player, if I turn my back to the goal and someone's shooting the puck at it, I want to get a stick on it no matter what because it will confuse the hell out of the goalie. Even if the net is empty, it's probably a reflex for these guys.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
That too. I'm a hockey player, if I turn my back to the goal and someone's shooting the puck at it, I want to get a stick on it no matter what because it will confuse the hell out of the goalie. Even if the net is empty, it's probably a reflex for these guys.

Yea that's a better word to describe it. Reflex lol.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
This dude is almost 6’6”, but he is quick for his size.

What’s also amusing is that he has been playing for the Jackets farm team - Cleveland Monsters. What a fitting team name for a goalie of this size.
I have seen him play for the Monsters and he’s been overall quite good.

Reactions: Firsov99
Sep 19, 2008
WASHINGTON (AP) — Alex Ovechkin found a new goaltender to score on for another milestone goal, though this time the name rang a bell.

Ovechkin beat Daniil Tarasov for his 20th goal of the season and 750th of his NHL career to help the Washington Capitals beat the Columbus Blue Jackets 3-1 Saturday night and snap a two-game skid.

“I think I play against his father back in Russia,” Ovechkin said.

He wasn't joking. Ovechkin went up against against Vadim Tarasov during three seasons in the Russian Superleague from 2002-05 before coming to North America. His son is the 152nd goalie Ovechkin has scored against in the NHL.

Reactions: HTFN and troyerlaw

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
lots trying to run this guy out of town too….
Yeah people got really weird about him for no reason when he’s been an absolute gem. Underrated skill to go with that irritating game and a handful of loudmouths were out here calling him a plug what seems like just a few weeks ago

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
My searching isnt coming up with anything here. Do you have a link or quote or something?

Haven’t seen it widely reported, but Tarik had this in part I of his latest Athletic mailbag:

Has Connor McMichael been told to get his place in D.C.? If not, do you think that’s coming soon? — Joe T.
Yes. McMichael told me last week in San Jose that he finally moved into an apartment.

Reactions: crab

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Haven’t seen it widely reported, but Tarik had this in part I of his latest Athletic mailbag:

I think that speaks more to Mantha than anything else. Were there room for just one right now Protas gets the spot. Mantha on the other hand could be out for the season which would keep a spot open for 2 of them if Sprong is in the nacho line or gone

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
I think that speaks more to Mantha than anything else. Were there room for just one right now Protas gets the spot. Mantha on the other hand could be out for the season which would keep a spot open for 2 of them if Sprong is in the nacho line or gone

Long term there’s space for 3 of CMM, Protas, Cholo and Irwin - assuming Sprong sticks with the team. He’s an RFA at the end of the year who’s currently getting scratched over multiple rookies, has never established himself as an everyday player, and has a role that many of those rookies will be looking to secure next season too.

While I’d love to see Sprong thrive, I’m not assuming CMM or Protas get sent down to keep Sprong as things stand now.

This may well be academic, of course, if the Caps don’t ever get a healthy lineup this year.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Long term there’s space for 3 of CMM, Protas, Cholo and Irwin - assuming Sprong sticks with the team. He’s an RFA at the end of the year who’s currently getting scratched over multiple rookies, has never established himself as an everyday player, and has a role that many of those rookies will be looking to secure next season too.

While I’d love to see Sprong thrive, I’m not assuming CMM or Protas get sent down to keep Sprong as things stand now.

This may well be academic, of course, if the Caps don’t ever get a healthy lineup this year.

Roster space isnt the question. Its lineup space. Sprong can sit in a roster spot and the nacho line as a back up. Not a chance that the Caps do that with Protas or McMicheal. They are playing either in the NHL or the AHL but past an occasional game off, they are playing. So, if Sprong earned a spot every game, one of Protas or McMicheal would be out of the lineup. Right now, Sprong looks done

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Roster space isnt the question. Its lineup space. Sprong can sit in a roster spot and the nacho line as a back up. Not a chance that the Caps do that with Protas or McMicheal. They are playing either in the NHL or the AHL but past an occasional game off, they are playing. So, if Sprong earned a spot every game, one of Protas or McMicheal would be out of the lineup. Right now, Sprong looks done
Yet by that logic, CMM has played every game since game 3, and Protas has been sent down to the AHL this season.

I don’t think CMM plays every game and gets told to get an apartment if they anticipate him spending any meaningful time in Hershey again.

(Also, if Mantha’s out there’s lineup space for 2 of CMM, Protas and Sprong. If Mantha gets back and the other forwards are healthy, there isn’t a roster or lineup spot for all 3 of them.)

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Btw, the Sherry CMM Oshie line looked really good last night. They had so many good scoring chances.

It's nice to have a line, other than top line, that functions as one cohesive unit.

Also 43 needs to stay on the top line. They are dominant with him there.

Reactions: crab
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad