Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Jackets at 7pm Dec 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Yet by that logic, CMM has played every game since game 3, and Protas has been sent down to the AHL this season.

I don’t think CMM plays every game and gets told to get an apartment if they anticipate him spending any meaningful time in Hershey again.

(Also, if Mantha’s out there’s lineup space for 2 of CMM, Protas and Sprong. If Mantha gets back and the other forwards are healthy, there isn’t a roster or lineup spot for all 3 of them.)

I think what I said was that McMichael getting permission to move out of corp quarters says more about Mantha than anything else. Protas has played more to a lot more than McMichael in every game over the last ten, IIRC, up to last night. Might be the coaches like Protas more as a wing than a center and the lineup opening being center last night.

Edit: BTW, I thought 24 looked awesome last night with Sheary and Oshie. I thought Sheary was off the hook.

Last edited:

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
As soon as Carly gave the puck to Ovi on that rewind I knew where the puck was going and I knew that would be a goal.

Funny you say that - I was just re-watching that goal and there's no way someone should have scored that:

A. Too far out
B. Defender trying to harass him
C. Goalie squared up

Greatest Goal-scorer of All-Time:

D. Scores anyway

I've been a bit maudlin about it the past few weeks, but it's true: When it comes to scoring goals in the NHL, Alex Ovechkin has no peer. Every game we've watched of him (even the FLA game) is more history being made. The Caps, the moribund franchise that tried hard (but only paid middling) and always came up short, somehow ended up with a Mt. Hockeymore legend.

Last edited:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Any observations on Irwin last night ? Good, Bad or Ambivalent ….

Ambivalent observation: He wore #52.

Good: He was +1 and looked like he belongs in Lavi's system. He had 5 shots so he was active on offense. Played 17:49, no PP or PK time.

Bad, he'll be back on the bench when TVR gets over Covid protocol. Oh wait, thats good, it means we do have some NHL depth.

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Curse you ESPN for not having a "no spoilers" mode. Logged into ESPN+ to watch the game, but had the score spoiled as I logged in.

I watch through their website on my PC. May be different for you but my 2c to try to help.

I had this issue for the first game. I changed my settings so that ESPN doesn't know which team I support. Then saved the game list / replay / live games page to my favs. Enter using that link each time, no more spoilers.

My only wish is that they would label the 2 feeds for each game - eg. Washington feed, Columbus feed.

Anyway, while apprehensive and anti-change at first, nothing much has changed for me this year. Its actually cheaper too as I get it free with my Fox sub.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Funny you say that - I was just re-watching that goal and there's no way someone should have scored that goal:

A. Too far out
B. Defender trying to harass him
C. Goalie squared up

Greatest Goal-scorer of All-Time:

D. Scores anyway

I've been a bit maudlin about it the past few weeks, but it's true: When it comes to scoring goals in the NHL, Alex Ovechkin has no peer. Every game we've watched of him (even the FLA game) is more history being made. The Caps, the moribund franchise that tried hard (but only paid middling) and always came up short, somehow ended up with a Mt. Hockeymore legend.

This is so spot on. I watched that goal and thought: that’s just another new to the league netminder who had never seen a shot that heavy and with that much velocity in his entire life as a top flight goalie

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I like the ones from the Naval Academy game better (with "Capitals" across the front).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad