Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Islanders 7:00

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
They've played 9 of 12 on the road and are 8-1-3 in that span.

So, no. All wrong.

If they continue this rate of play they'll push for home ice in the playoffs.

I would agree completely... if 44 wasn't out for the year. Can't believe I just typed that. Who woulda ever thought our season hinged on Orpik's health.

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
maybe you guys are right...maybe I was a little harsh

But the Islanders forced "thier" game on the Caps most of the night. Possession was **** for the Caps. Passing was ****.PP was ****

Effort at the end was good.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Mentally weak team that has problems holding 3 goal leads. Fourth time this month they have blown a 3 goal lead unheard of really.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

But the Islanders forced "thier" game on the Caps most of the night. Possession was **** for the Caps. Passing was ****.PP was ****

The Isles suck. They're what, 10-1, in OT and 6-0 in the shootout? And people said we were a "get to OT" team. We've seen how teams like that do in the long run. They will crash and burn.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am really pissed they scored with 5 seconds left on the lame duck double minor.

I would wager there was no blood, but there was a great sales job.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

NY had 7 power plays, including a double minor at the end. Hard to get anything going when you're in the box for almost 1/3 of the game.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
no excuses..........no "learning the system"

bad play, bad coaching,bad effort

The holes in the Caps game are deep,wide and smell like ****

caps have lost how many in regulation this month? had they thrown a full on clunker, it would be normal.

the last game? bad bad bad and smelly too?

Last edited by a moderator:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Yeah lets bench Kuz so he dwells on it instead of giving him the opportunity to get one back.
Given how Burakovsky has been handled--including the ridiculous standard of needing to shut down Tavares in order to play in the top six--it shouldn't be surprising.

I don't really see how the whole 65/92 as centers thing pans out under Trotz. Neither bring the strength, determination and defensive instincts that Trotz values so it's going to be a constant work in progress without utilizing a large portion of the player's offensive skill due to style of play. Both players try but in the short-term not much is happening. It's a waste but there's also the separate question of whether Trotz could get the most out of their skill on the wing regardless.

They're competing and it's respectable enough but I still don't really see what their prime window might look like.

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
Okay Okay.........I admitted I was harsh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Halpysback*

perhaps Orpik being out will force GM Hammockarse to get off his hammockarse and get an experienced 2 way LD for once.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Given how Burakovsky has been handled--including the ridiculous standard of needing to shut down Tavares in order to play in the top six--it shouldn't be surprising.

I don't really see how the whole 65/92 as centers thing pans out under Trotz. Neither bring the strength, determination and defensive instincts that Trotz values so it's going to be a constant work in progress without utilizing a large portion of the player's offensive skill due to style of play. Both players try but in the short-term not much is happening. It's a waste but there's also the separate question of whether Trotz could get the most out of their skill on the wing regardless.

They're competing and it's respectable enough but I still don't really see what their prime window might look like.

In a way, lack of 2C kind of forces Trotz to play at least one of them, because the other options are just too crappy. If the Caps get the proverbial Vermette, yeah.. I can see both 65/92 sitting.

Pretty depressing.

Although.. I think 65 is gonna find a way back in regardless. I mean.. there's no way he won't eventually outcompete MJ. Kuz is more of a question. Either he has to figure out how to play more grindy, or somehow Caps need to put him with more skilled linemates (for starters).

F'in put Bura and Kuz on the same line already. Call it 3rd line, give it limited minutes, they just might thrive. At least try something before they're all benched for not following the heavy game catechism.

Halpysback*

Really think a #2C is more important.

Not if Orpik is out.

And they seem to be fixated on Kuznetsov becoming a 2C even though his center potential is like Derek Roy lite. Though in real life they do need a 2C and badly.

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
NY had 7 power plays, including a double minor at the end. Hard to get anything going when you're in the box for almost 1/3 of the game.

True but don't forget that Caps had PP's also. After the 1st PP disaster I would have like to see some correction on the 2nd PP.

2nd PP- same problem as 1st.

Caps players are the same. Caps skills are the same as always. No correction.

I say coaching.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
@VogsCaps: Potentially good news on the Orpik front. Both Laich and Trotz believe it's not as bad as it looked. #Caps

Looks like Glue knows best here, pulled out the old Elmers

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Jack Hillen: Happiest man in the building

LOL. Yeah, him or Bura.

In fact, in a separate thread, when I commented that I wish Bura were playing, someone said, in effect, "That's not how it works. You have to play yourself into a promotion."

The more I think about that statement, the less I believe it. Sometimes it seems the key to getting a sweater back, under Trotz, is for someone else to screw up noticeably.

For instance, when Chimera got a shot at first line tonight, it wasn't that he had been setting the world on fire, it was that 43 had not been.

Anyway, for the next game, demotion, thy name is Kuz.

Hillen wasn't going to face repercussions anyway, since it looks like Orpik will be out.

I'm scared to find out what the Orpik injury is.

Anyway, I can't believe we scratched out a point in that game. Islanders must be setting new league records for blown 3-goal leads. Isn't that their fourth or fifth one in the last month or so?

Waking up early tomorrow to get on a plane w/ my son. Winter Classic, here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad