Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Islanders 7:00

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
The PP1 was still rated #1 in the NHL when Niskanen and Carlson split time there...

Not saying it's all Green's fault but if you changed both of those 2 off of it when it was rolling, why the hell is it so hard to change Green off when it's looking abysmal?

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Only got to watch bits and pieces of game tonight, unfortunately. Were coaches true to their word -- did they rotate several guys through our 1st line? And if so, who looked best?

Chimera started the night on the top line and he looked like dog poop. Wilson got some nice chances from Ovechkin - one in particular where he had a nice backhand opportunity. They also tried Beagle.

Ovechkin and Backstrom scored two nice goals in which I don't think it mattered who was the third guy.

So I guess the answer was Wilson but he's just so raw with the puck and as physical as he is, he has not reached his potential as a possession player yet.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
The PP1 was still rated #1 in the NHL when Niskanen and Carlson split time there...

Not saying it's all Green's fault but if you changed both of those 2 off of it when it was rolling, why the hell is it so hard to change Green off when it's looking abysmal?

Green seems to always be in the wrong place. Sometimes you can see that Backstrom/Mojo are getting pressured and they're looking to send it up the wall and 52 is sitting in the middle of the ice looking for a one timer that's never going to come. They've lost the zone on that decision alone several times.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
So I guess the answer was Wilson but he's just so raw with the puck and as physical as he is, he has not reached his potential as a possession player yet.

He hasn't even come close to reaching his potential, he's only twenty. BUT I saw him do a lot more to help out Ovi and Nicky when he first joined that line. He was extremely physical. He would dislodge pucks from the opponent, get possession and dish it to Nicky/Ovi. He was making good passes. He was good getting the puck out of our zone. His play has declined overall.

I saw the same trend with Bura. He started off hot, and then looked lost. Which got him benched. Most rookies probably go through this.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I thought Wilson looked very good on the 1st line.

Had a couple great drives to the net that he almost scored on and is generally very disruptive.

Tough game vs the Isles. Fumbling pucks all over the place in the first half of the game and the Isles getting some wacky bounces.

I still don't understand the roughing call on Orpik in the 3rd. Maybe I missed something there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad