Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Habs 7:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Hagelin has been invisible for 20 games, you should be more concerned for him.

Hagelin is a defensive player who's job is defense. McMichael is a high end offensive player who's job is offense. If Hagelin were scoring, but getting burned defensively all the time, then you would have a case.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
yes, when you pick one stat and then try to compare it against Backstrom and Oshie (when we all know they bring a hell of a lot more to the table than one isolated scoring stat)….it’s a disingenuous point to make IMO. But whatever, Twabby can stand on his own 2 feet without you.
How? That post wasn’t “look at these similar players, McMichael clearly as effective as these veterans” it was “for context, if that’s not enough scoring for you, you might be surprised to know that these two respected players produce at the same clip”. It was more turned into a direct comparison as a way of dismissing the point without addressing it at all.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Hagelin is a defensive player who's job is defense. McMichael is a high end offensive player who's job is offense. If Hagelin were scoring, but getting burned defensively all the time, then you would have a case.
You’re always going to give up more goals than you score if you never score any goals.

Reactions: Hivemind and crab

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Oh....attitude. Sweat. I would say I am impressed by the results of the team given the injuries and the number of rookies playing. So, definately wrong there. I scoffed at the idea that the Caps were a bubble team. Right on that one. What we are left with is the usage of the rookies and the coaching. Are you in the PLAY THE KIDS!!! group or do you support managing them and giving them the best chance at success? I am in the corner that says the coaching has been brilliant and not supportive of the idea that that coaching has been bad.

I further think I was supportive of the young goalies and not going out to get a veteran. So far so good. I was supportive of 42 being a regular top 6 defenseman and I think I suggested the Caps needed to keep Chara for his penalty killing and physical play. Right on Fehervary. Apparantly wrong on Chara. The PK started slow but has been top 5 for the last month or so.

Do you have some more quotes where I can admit being wrong? Help yourself. I am about to leave for Thanksgiving dinner but I am more than willing to eat more crow after pie.
What about “Orlov can’t PK, teams will walk all over us, who will clear the crease, no forwards ready in farm system”, I’ll post these ones and see if I think of more but this browser keeps refreshing so I’m absolutely not compiling quotes just to let it clear the whole thing

Reactions: Hivemind

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Even if McMichael isn't putting points up, his defense has been good enough to keep him up here. Don't really think he's "struggling".

2 things.
1. This is about developing a young player. The idea is not to turn him into Nic Dowd. I didnt say he needed to be sent down to stay and I didnt say he needed to be sent down for a bit right now. I said that if this cold stretch persists that doing that was going to be considered. I bet McMichael has never gone ten games in a row in his life without scoring a goal. Its very possible this is taking a toll. If it reaches 10 or 15 games, would you keep sending him out there?

2. Again. I am not saying anything needs to be done right now. I am just saying this situation should be watched

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
You’re always going to give up more goals than you score if you never score any goals.

Hagelin is 7th among forwards in +/-. He was the reason Orlov scored his goal last night. Since coming to the Caps Hagelin is +29.

Edit: We are talking about McMichael and here I am sucked into another round of defending Hagelin. I am not doing that. I am out of both things. You guys have fun.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Hagelin is 7th among forwards in +/-. He was the reason Orlov scored his goal last night. Since coming to the Caps Hagelin is +29.

How many points does he have for the season, and how does that compare with the rest of the team?

So you say he is here for his defense, so do you think it's okay if he has a total of 8 points at the end of the season as long as his defense is okay?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
How many points does he have for the season, and how does that compare with the rest of the team?

So you say he is here for his defense, so do you think it's okay if he has a total of 8 points at the end of the season as long as his defense is okay?
I think Hagelin has been a disappointment. He is supposed to be an offensive jaugernaut but it seems that he is killing every offensive opportunity his line has. His line is more successful when he doesn't touch the puck.
He is still decent defensively. But is that enough?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
How? That post wasn’t “look at these similar players, McMichael clearly as effective as these veterans” it was “for context, if that’s not enough scoring for you, you might be surprised to know that these two respected players produce at the same clip”. It was more turned into a direct comparison as a way of dismissing the point without addressing it at all.

The context is hollow IMO….it’s selecting 1 offensive stat and claiming this guy is doing ok because these other 2 players are similar in just this one column and the guy he’s proclaiming as ok by comparison, has very limited playing time to draw a meaningful conclusion from…

it’s playing silly math games like suggesting that expected production is better than actual production.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
No, I meant because Twabby's avatar is a shaky Tommy Wilson that could be Epilepsy-inducing for some people. I thought maybe that's why he's on ignore. :laugh:
Exactly.

I dont think his walls of texts are out of disrespect. Kept coming here in the Summer to read boring and countless arguments about the same things over and over but that's ok. (why did I keep coming?! smh)

His avatar is uncomfortable though and I dont think its a good idea to force people see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad