Post-Game Talk: Caps vs. Flyers

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
if the league really wants to stop diving they'll dock standing points instead of 2,000$ fines :laugh:

anyway, i missed it.. are you guys sure it was a dive or are you just pissed off right now?

$2.000 is pocket change. First time offender should be fined 5k. Max should be 20-25k and a 1-2 game suspension

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
Philly knows who to target and it's Green. Green is the worst defensively on the ice. Hopefully someone like Madison Bowey comes up and replaces him. 18 mins is too much playing time for the lad.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
Question: if they're fining players for diving after the fact... what are they doing to the refs who fall for it and hurt teams in the process.

There should be no reason to call that bull **** in OT. Schultz carried the puck to the ref and the ref looked away like he didn't see ****. What ****ing garbage.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
It blows my mind that the calls made tonight were either must calls like TMM or DoG and dives when the game was just filled with obstruction everywhere.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
side note, congrats to holtby on the club record for consecutive games. he has been extremely clutch for us during this period and got us a point tonight during the **** show.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Philly knows who to target and it's Green. Green is the worst defensively on the ice. Hopefully someone like Madison Bowey comes up and replaces him. 18 mins is too much playing time for the lad.
Defensive stalwart Madison Bowey. Yeah.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
ahhh touche

you knew what i meant :cry:

haha, from Flyers feed it was a bad angle. Looked like Niskanen's body parts were in position to hook/slew the Flyer, but didnt see any real take-down motion on his part. Definitely the Flyer didnt try to stay on his feet, thats about all I'd say.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
Ovi didn't get a single shot after the 1st period. Please keep Beagle off the top line. I only saw Burt twice in the 3rd period.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Ovi didn't get a single shot after the 1st period. Please keep Beagle off the top line. I only saw Burt twice in the 3rd period.

well than you missed the last 15 minutes. beagle only had 1 or 2 shifts with them, ward also had a shift with them.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Second game of a back to back on the road, boys just didn't have the energy tonight but yet they still came out with a point. I'm okay with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
I'll take the point...team was outplayed tonight regardless of what everyone thinks of the penalty call. Team is starting to get into some old bad habits...cute passes, lots of drive-by's (especially Wilson)...oh well time to recharge their batteries because of the really tough stretch coming up. I'm sure they will face some adversity here in the next couple of weeks...interested to see how they handle it.

Mickstix

Nov 30, 2010
Central Florida
1 point better then no points. Really didn't deserve any imo. Got outplayed, gave up leads twice, dumb penalties.. No zone presence, and what little they had they skated around looking for another pass instead of putting pucks on goal.

Love the Honest Abe.. Now they need to introduce the Dunce Cap.. (It's needed quite often) Hand if over to Nisky tonight..

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
Not the Caps best game but ....**** happens.

They got out of this slug-fest without injury (as far as I know).

Notice how the Fliers and fans acted like they won the cup. Says something about the Caps.Says they are becoming "a" team to beat. Let's hope they become "the" team to beat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad