Post-Game Talk: Caps vs. Flyers

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Hopefully Peters is in net so they don't break Holtby.
Hopefully they win so I don't have to hear about this **** at work for the next week.

First game in Philly I'll miss completely in a while. :(

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I hope they start Peters.

I mean i would love to get a win from this but Holtby has now played 22 games in a row. I believe Caps have 3 back-to-back scenarios in this month alone so you have to give him some nights off.

All the good work goes straight down the toilet if Holtby gets injured. Goalie market right now is just terrible and nobody wants to see us down the line with tandem like Reimer/Backstrom - Peters.

I wonder if Latta gets another chance now too.

Edit: Mason is apparently healthy after all. Likely starting this game for Flyers.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Hai again.

Hoping Holtby's in net so Peter's doesn't ruin my GDT record. That said, 2 points please. - Enemy GDT Poster

This is far too elaborate. I hope it doesn't break your streak. :laugh:

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Wouldn't be surprised if Bura is scratched and Wilson moved to 1RW. Philly sucks and are in the dumps. This one will get chippy.

Philly don't still dress any goons other than Rinaldo though. And he would be the smallest player on the Caps.

Simmonds can fight but taking him off the ice means Philly loses one of their 4 good players which is a win alone for us. :laugh:

Meanwhile Andrew MacDonald is the 30 million healthy scratch tonight.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm hoping for Schmidt, Latta, and Peters to be in. Chimera, Hillen, Holtby out. Doesn't matter which line Wilson is on, he's spending half of the game in the penalty box.

Philly don't still dress any goons other than Rinaldo though. And he would be the smallest player on the Caps.

Simmonds can fight but taking him off the ice means Philly loses one of their 4 good players which is a win alone for us. :laugh:
Forgotten the game last year so soon? Rinaldo may be their only "goon," but plenty of people in their line-up are willing to get chippy and drop the gloves. Both Schenns, Simmonds, Schultz, Laughton, Couturier, etc.

Vladiator16*

Another team i feel like we owe to... Hoping for an ass whooping.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I'm hoping for Schmidt, Latta, and Peters to be in. Chimera, Hillen, Holtby out. Doesn't matter which line Wilson is on, he's spending half of the game in the penalty box.

Forgotten the game last year so soon? Rinaldo may be their only "goon," but plenty of people in their line-up are willing to get chippy and drop the gloves. Both Schenns, Simmonds, Schultz, Laughton, Couturier, etc.

None of those are actual fighters though. Infact apart from Simmonds and possibly Luke Schenn they would all get their ass handed to them by any of Wilson, Latta or Brouwer. They just play in Philly and the team is struggling so fans are expecting all their players to fight. I don't think they will goon it up this time unless it's early blowout again, and that is unlikely because it's 2nd game of back-to-back for Caps.

Schultz and Couturier aren't fighters, and Laughton is just a kid. Hardly anything worthy of major changes in the line-up. Latta will propably play because it's back-to-back and he never deserved to get stratched in the first place.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
We have to figure this back to back thing out.

My prediction?

I feel confident in saying we win as long as we score more goals than Philly does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad