Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Ducks 7:00 PM EST

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Oh jeeze. I don't care who else gets Covid except Ovi. I want to see him practicing in this so he doesn't get the 'Rona.

000.jpg36AFD404-F267-4785-A922-818CDD994F17Res300.jpg

Jun 15, 2007
If Kuzy tests positive after presumably having it twice and vaxxed 3 times...

We will never get out of this pandemic.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
If Kuzy tests positive after presumably having it twice and vaxxed 3 times...

We will never get out of this pandemic.

A lot of experts say we will never be rid of Covid, we will simply manage from one strain to another to another, hoping all along that a mutation which is more deadly and more virulent doesn't come along and bite us all in the ass.

We've been living with seasonal flu for a hundreds of years. Covid is seasonal flu 2.0.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
A lot of experts say we will never be rid of Covid, we will simply manage from one strain to another to another, hoping all along that a mutation which is more deadly and more virulent doesn't come along and bite us all in the ass.

We've been living with seasonal flu for a hundreds of years. Covid is seasonal flu 2.0.
If what I'm reading about Omicron is right, that's how the virus survives long term, it becomes like the flu or common cold--relatively easy to transmit and mild. Too deadly, and it can't keep a sufficient supply of hosts. Too easily spread and immunity builds too quickly.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
If what I'm reading about Omicron is right, that's how the virus survives long term, it becomes like the flu or common cold--relatively easy to transmit and mild. Too deadly, and it can't keep a sufficient supply of hosts. Too easily spread and immunity builds too quickly.

Well the problem is the virus doesn't care about its own survival, its not sentient. It mutates randomly and if we allow it to continue, eventually it will hit the virus lotto and become easily transmittable and ultra deadly with that dreaded combination of slow symptom development and a population still resisting vaccinations, it can find plenty of hosts. Add in the trifecta of people too weary from past shutdowns and its the perfect storm. Mother nature has already fired all her warning shots across our collective bow. The next one will be a bulls eye.

The only good news is, more treatments including oral(pills) are being developed so it doesn't have to be a death sentence for everyone.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
If it hit you need to turn that bet slip into your avatar

Ah. Unfortunately I live in Maryland now. Would have to bet through my friends in Virginia for online sports betting, but ya, maybe I can ask them to take a pic of it lol.

But I'm also starting to chicken out a little now that I am weighing Hagelin's chances lol. It's not a large bet, but man.. it's such a miniscule chance.

Edit: +2500 if Hagelin is the first scorer or last scorer in the game.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad