Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Coyotes Oct 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I didn't expect a tight game (on the scoreboard) by we got the most important thing out of it
Ovi's goal
Ovi's assist
2 points.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
The more I think about it the better I feel. It wasn’t a close game in play, we dominated. But we didn’t panic when we didn’t get the puck to go in (and Vejmelka did play well). Sammy also made a couple good saves when he needed to give us time. We could have thrown away points tonight and we didn’t.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
8 games in we've bought time to 'fake it til we make it' :
- Secondary scoring is the painfully obvious need; only 4 Fwds have 2 or more g's
- get healthy (Backi is eligible after Nov.6, hope Dowd isn't more than 1 more game, Oshie's timeline is a big question mark)
- tighten up special teams; PP up to 19.4%, PK 77.3%, 2 SHGF (yay!) , 2 SHGA (boo!)

This 8 game points streak to start the season will allow for them to maybe make the playoffs when the actual sucks sets in.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I don’t see the panic for secondary scoring. Sure, I’d like to see it spread out a bit more and it will come. But if we get a bunch of secondary scoring the same people will bitch that our top line isn’t doing anything.

At this point we are third in the league with 30 goals scored. Nothing wrong with that.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don’t see the panic for secondary scoring. Sure, I’d like to see it spread out a bit more and it will come. But if we get a bunch of secondary scoring the same people will bitch that our top line isn’t doing anything.

At this point we are third in the league with 30 goals scored. Nothing wrong with that.

I would suggest that the secondary scoring has been there. Its just been the defensemen. The Caps attack is a 5 man game. They have played 8 games and have 7 goals from the defense

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I would suggest that the secondary scoring has been there. Its just been the defensemen. The Caps attack is a 5 man game. They have played 8 games and have 7 goals from the defense
Agree tho it's also true that they will need better from the mid/bottom 6 forwards. I think it will come. The first line is the only one that's had any continuity this season so not surprising that they've shown more chemistry and had greater success. And HDH line (before Dowd got hurt) was doing its usual thing; putting up points not being their main job after all.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
True on the dee. Been a thing of beauty. Only dee to not score a goal is TVR and I think he has like 7 assists and has been solid. Five man rotation makes the game so fast and secondary scoring from dee is huge. I thought they played the 5 man cycle well last night and it was generating possession and shots.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Beagle's was getting long in the tooth. I like Dowd as a younger replacement with higher upside offensively. Realistically, they just need more from Kuzy and that's it. The rest is OK.

Disagree.

Kuznetsov is much better this season. He was 41.3% last season and up to 46.8% this season (which is still bad, but hardly brutal).

You mentioned that Kuznetsov is atrocious and Eller is good. Eller is actually down from 50.4% to 47.8% this season. Is that 1% really the difference between good and atrocious?

Oshie is only at 42.9% this season too.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Disagree.

Kuznetsov is much better this season. He was 41.3% last season and up to 46.8% this season (which is still bad, but hardly brutal).

You mentioned that Kuznetsov is atrocious and Eller is good. Eller is actually down from 50.4% to 47.8% this season. Is that 1% really the difference between good and atrocious?

Oshie is only at 42.9% this season too.

That’s on a 8 game sample, I’m talking about long term performance.

Kuzy in the past 3 years: 38, 43 and 41%
Eller over the same period: 49, 51 and 50%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad