GDT: Caps vs canes mar 14th..dont screw this up!!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I wonder if this team even realizes they have to get into playoff mode NOW. As in, THIS GAME. And not get out of it until the yearly exit interviews.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
7hdb

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
They needed it last game.

Absolutely, as I said somewhere on here. You can't get blown out 4-0 at home against the team you're chasing in your division at the halfway point of a shortened season with a back up goalie in their net.

If you do, you aren't going beyond the first round of the playoffs IF you make it. You don't have what it takes to sack up, unless you just somehow FORGOT.

Now, they have to sack up and bear down just to get in. I don't think it happens this year without a shakeup of some kind.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
A piece of TT.

Canes lucky last game, we didn't play Green, Laich, Erskine, Poti, Hillen and we did play Sarge.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Caps line rushes this AM:

26 - 19 - 8
16 - 90 - 20
25 - 9 - 42
24 - 83 - 15
17 - 85 - 21

One of those bottom two lines won't play.

Ellis in net for Canes.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA

26 - 19 - 8
16 - 90 - 20
25 - 9 - 42
24 - 83 - 15
17 - 85 - 21

21 - Brooks Laich on the 4th line.

Ellis in net for Canes.

Ribeiro relegated to the third line. You think Oates is a bit po'd at him for his excessive yaking to the referees, i.e. against the Islanders.

Certainly not showcasing him or helping his value by doing this.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Ribeiro relegated to the third line. You think Oates is a bit po'd at him for his excessive yaking to the referees, i.e. against the Islanders.

Certainly not showcasing him or helping his value by doing this.

Some of his best production came with Ward, so there's not much to read into it. He and Ovi together are a possession trainwreck at ES, and they probably want to get Ovi back to producing with not-Ribeiro with the deadline looming and all.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I wonder if this team even realizes they have to get into playoff mode NOW. As in, THIS GAME. And not get out of it until the yearly exit interviews.

I think they realize it , they just have no confidence right now. They looked lost last game, that's for sure.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Katie Carrera ‏@kcarrera

Mathieu Perreault, Wojtek Wolski, Brooks Laich, Cameron Schilling and Mike Green taking part in the scratches skate. Poti probably back in.

Yay more Schultz, can only help with the demise of GMGM.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Some of his best production came with Ward, so there's not much to read into it. He and Ovi together are a possession trainwreck at ES, and they probably want to get Ovi back to producing with not-Ribeiro with the deadline looming and all.

Perhaps, but Ribeiro may not be seeing it like that. I'm sure being placed on the third line is not lost on him and he's looking at who his linemates are he's probably saying to himself, **** this I can't get away from this team fast enough.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Perhaps, but Ribeiro may not be seeing it like that. I'm sure being placed on the third line is not lost on him and he's looking at who his linemates are he's probably saying to himself, **** this I can't get away from this team fast enough.

I suspect whether this looks like a message will come down to icetime more than anything. Ovi has 3 ESG all year. He and Hendricks are not guys you're dying to stay with at ES so far.

Lawrencejame

Apr 18, 2012

26 - 19 - 8
16 - 90 - 20
25 - 9 - 42
24 - 83 - 15
17 - 85 - 21

Ellis in net for Canes.

I dont get why Oates thinks its so great for hendricks to be on Ovi's line. From my PoV theres absolutly no chemistry there. From hendricks always forcing passes to ovi, overstakating the pucks, constantly falling down, to ovi not wanting to play along the boards, needing passes for one timer goals, etc.

I'd rather see this for lines tonight:

85 - 19 - 8

16 - 9 - 42

17 - 90 - 20

26 - 83 - 25

capsfan528

Dec 20, 2008
honestly would have preferred Schilling in tonight over Schultz. the way he got beat for that icing which led to the hurricanes back breaking third goal was an embarrassment. its like the guy has concrete in his skates.

i know schilling is unproven and young but at least you know hes not getting beat out for an icing most of the time.

Lawrencejame

Apr 18, 2012
honestly would have preferred Schilling in tonight over Schultz. the way he got beat for that icing which led to the hurricanes back breaking third goal was an embarrassment. its like the guy has concrete in his skates.

i know schilling is unproven and young but at least you know hes not getting beat out for an icing most of the time.

Sadly i dont see it making much of a difference, anyway you look at it our D is so freaking horrible right now

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
It's a cycle, we are gonna pick up a point here in an ot loss and then win the next game. After that we will proceed to lose a few straight only to win one or two after that. These few points here and there mean everything is fine! No training camp, fluke season, just need to re group!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad