GDT: Caps vs Bruins 7pm ET Jan 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Orlov has certainly earned more benefit of the doubt.

I didn’t really see a replay of the McAvoy hit and how much of the head he hit. It didn’t result in an injury, otherwise I’m sure it would have received scrutiny.

Orlov doesnt have much of a history. His sheet earns him less sentence. His intent is irrelevant and the level of suspension worthy isnt effected by his benefit of the doubt. It was no more of a hockey play than attempting to deliver a legal hit. Preditory or retaliatory or not. Ovechkin with regularity stands up for a teammate by trucking the guy involved with extra gusto.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The hit to TVR was a "blow up" attempt with some upward movement and arm-shove toward the face, but overall I'm not bothered by any of the hits or suspensions etc right now. Team has more actionable problems vs chasing DOPS and the refs.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I was watching on the computer but it looked like TvR got headbutted. His reaction was that he got hit in the head. But....ok
They replayed it a few times. It looked like McAvoy’s one hand was a little high toward the neck area. The commentators all seemed to agree it wasn’t a penalty. I thought the gloves being that high made it pretty borderline. Didn’t see any type of head butt though.

Reactions: txpd

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
that hit didn't bother me except for the fact that it's a more blatant version of the legal hit wilson threw and got suspended for that had them all howling. if he's by the boards and not the net we're looking at the exact same hit (and he could easily hurt himself on the ice, right?) so who's got the responsibility to know better now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland