GDT: Caps vs Bruins 7pm ET Jan 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
We have struggled big time vs Boston recently - including getting destroyed in playoffs.

weird bc before recently we beat them like 14 of 15 times or something crazy.

I just want to see some players start playing better - and if they are playing better giving those guys more ice time. This playing Ovi and other old guys 20-25 mins/night constantly just isn’t smart long-term. We need younger guys to keep developing, being able to earn more ice time, & help limit our vets minutes.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Yeah Id like to see Ovi's mins be limited a bit but this year has been a tough one with so many players in and out.

Get some good goaltending, pot a few PP goals, no dumb lazy penalties ...

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

Kempny back in over Cholowski. The defensive pairings look about as good as they can given the players out of the lineup.

I like re-inserting AJF into the lineup, and I don't even mind Sprong being the guy sitting out. His play this year has been inconsistent, even if his TOI doesn't help him gain consistency.

But Boston isn't the team you want to be double shifting your top lines against. They are a top-heavy team and they are likely going to feast on Ovechkin and Kuznetsov. They need to make sure the third line gets ample TOI tonight. They can win their matchups.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Kempny back in over Cholowski. The defensive pairings look about as good as they can given the players out of the lineup.

I like re-inserting AJF into the lineup, and I don't even mind Sprong being the guy sitting out. His play this year has been inconsistent, even if his TOI doesn't help him gain consistency.

But Boston isn't the team you want to be double shifting your top lines against. They are a top-heavy team and they are likely going to feast on Ovechkin and Kuznetsov. They need to make sure the third line gets ample TOI tonight. They can win their matchups.

lol…..don’t hold your breath!

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
lol…..don’t hold your breath!

Fortunately for me, the human body has a defense mechanism to prevent me from being able to hold my breath long enough to do any real damage.

I realize the third line probably isn't going to get much TOI, but playing Ovechkin and Kuznetsov 25 minutes tonight against Boston's top line is a recipe for disaster.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Fortunately for me, the human body has a defense mechanism to prevent me from being able to hold my breath long enough to do any real damage.

I realize the third line probably isn't going to get much TOI, but playing Ovechkin and Kuznetsov 25 minutes tonight against Boston's top line is a recipe for disaster.

You’re right, 27 mins is the answer! Lol….

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
You’re right, 27 mins is the answer! Lol….
sold-auction.gif

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Stop overthinking and go with 8-92-43… that did some real damage, and spreading it has not really worked out as planned.

Also, go back to HDH. Make an all rookie line you can bench as much as you want without touching line stability ingame.

so
Ovie-Kuzy-Willy
Hagelin-Dowd-Hathaway
Protas-CMM-Leason/Fjallby
Eller-Backstrom-Sprong

Nice to see Kempny back in though. Dont have much of expectation for this one, Bruins owns us as of late and will look to bounce off accordingly after the Canes humilited them both on- and off-ice.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Kempny over Cholo is an improvement, but not great. Looking forward to AJF outplaying Hags and getting half the minutes. Also concur putting 43 back on top line and putting HDH back together.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe

So knowing how these things go, Sammy’s in the net by half way through the second and let’s in 2 goals on 12 shots… but makes 1 or 2 incredible saves, just to frustrate/confuse/aggregate everyone and get him the net next game.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007

So knowing how these things go, Sammy’s in the net by half way through the second and let’s in 2 goals on 12 shots… but makes 1 or 2 incredible saves, just to frustrate/confuse/aggregate everyone and get him the net next game.

Yup exactly lol. It is such a yo yo and I can recall at least two different instances over the past 2 years where it was Sammy or Vannys net to lose. The simple truth is neither is consistent enough to be a viable starter in the league. They can definitely stick around as backups for goalies that play 55+ games.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
VVs last 5 games date back a month

upload_2022-1-20_16-54-10.png

2 good, one OK, 2 bad.

Hard to imagine installing a permanent starter based on one more good game. Probably more Lavi trying to motivate.

That said I'm starting him tonight in fantasy so everyone give up the body to block shots, k?

Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->