GDT: Caps Vs Avs 9PM BASIC EDITION

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Brouwer is so useless. Stop bumping into your team mates.

Brouwer seems like your typical grinder that had some scoring success and as a result can't decide whether to bang or dangle. He ends up half-assing both. So you get clumsy physical gaffes mixed in with bad attempts at slick plays (his usual no-look backhand from one corner of the ice to the other).

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Did Ovi just trip up skating unimpeded down the ice?

He's trying too hard, just needs to let his game come naturally. Seems like he is forcing everything to get it going. When he thinks it through (like the pass for Nick) good thing happen.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Can we maybe put a team away for once? Please?

Tell me about it. We seem severely allergic to any lead other than 1 goal. There have plenty of chances tonight to bury a third or fourth goal.

Avs don't have much zip or passion to their game so far. Which i am thrilled to see obviously, but they seem kinda tentative and tight. Let's hope it stays that way.

Ovie making some good passes. Nice to see.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Beagle might play Laich off the team and become a hero.

He's good in his bottom 6 role. He has been for years. Coaches throwing him on the top line is what gets people mad.

Last edited by a moderator:

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Beagle might play Laich off the team and become a hero.

Yah, he is grabbing his chance and running with it. I expect he'll get a lot of ice in third, too, now that we have garnered Trotz's beloved 1-goal lead

Last edited by a moderator:

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Did Ovi just trip up skating unimpeded down the ice?

I'm guessing he had a nick on the blade or something. He hopped up and headed straight to bench for them to look at the skate. Doesn't always take much of a nick to cause a player to fall down, esp. if it's on a spot where the guy is used to pushing off hard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad