CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
upload_2022-1-28_10-47-14.gif

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
9 pm start, good for me. Should be a pretty even match up.

Stars highest TOI for a forward is 17:40 .... wish we had that.

Caps are due

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The year is 2025. Washington is down a goal late in regulation. Alex Ovechkin, who at age 40 is averaging 31:45 of ice time per game, is on the bench receiving oxygen and drinking soda having just played for five straight minutes. Needing a goal to tie it up, Laviolette puts out his energy line anchored by one Carl Hagelin, who is in year three of his seven year extension. Hagelin, who hasn’t scored a goal since 2021, misses an open net when he trips over his stick while trying to shoot. Washington loses. The fans lament.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
The year is 2025. Washington is down a goal late in regulation. Alex Ovechkin, who at age 40 is averaging 31:45 of ice time per game, is on the bench receiving oxygen and drinking soda having just played for five straight minutes. Needing a goal to tie it up, Laviolette puts out his energy line anchored by one Carl Hagelin, who is in year three of his seven year extension. Hagelin, who hasn’t scored a goal since 2021, misses an open net when he trips over his stick while trying to shoot. Washington loses. The fans lament.
2025's Powerplay like:
giphy.gif

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
For this game, I will only post gifs of Holtby's big saves while with the Caps. Like a security blanket, or a pacifier for a baby, they make me feel good despite the chaos surrounding the current team.

First up:

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Perhaps the most defining moment in the history of this organization. Kuznetsov’s goal vs Pittsburgh in OT is the only one that provides competition, I think. I know there are other huge moments but I don’t think it’s unrealistic to say without this save they may not win the Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad