Post-Game Talk: Caps v Flyers 1pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Aggressive transition from all 5 skaters has been a huge factor in their turnaround. If it leads to pizzas every now and then, so be it. This is as close to perfect as the Capitals have been IMO.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I posted this on the main boards but it has now been 14 games since we have had more PPs than our opponent. That is crazy. And yet we are still dominating. Great sign for the playoffs.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Everyone thinking Ovi was gonna shoot, and he makes that ridic pass to Nisky. Its fun to watch Ovi and the boys play in this system. Sure as hell beats boards and grind system.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I posted this on the main boards but it has now been 14 games since we have had more PPs than our opponent. That is crazy. And yet we are still dominating. Great sign for the playoffs.
An even better sign is that we're not only beating bad teams this time.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
So much to like in that third period.

Schmidt had 21:37 of ice time with Carlson out - he actually had more than Alzner (had 27 not taken that penalty I guess they'd have been about the same) - and played a really solid game. So did Orlov.

What a play by Mojo, Ovi and Backstrom on the second, third and fifth goals respectively. Good effort, good result, great goaltending.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
People always say better teams get more PPs because they're pressuring the other team more and possess the puck more. So how do they explain so few PPs for the Caps in several of these games during this streak?

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
People always say better teams get more PPs because they're pressuring the other team more and possess the puck more. So how do they explain so few PPs for the Caps in several of these games during this streak?

A mix of bad officiating and the fact that teams with big leads don't get PPs.

Eskobar

Sep 28, 2016

If I recall correctly, Washington has taken a lot of penalties in the offensive zone. That could be one of the reasons.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005

Obvious game management by the referees. The amount of obvious calls they let go against the Capitals when they had 2 or 3 goal lead has been staggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad