Post-Game Talk: Caps v Flyers 1pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
CSN Philadelphia, I believe. Due to the schedule change, the NBC crew was not involved int his one, despite being nationally broadcast.

No it was their national broadcast, just a B-team of John Forslund and Brian Boucher.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Playoff avatar suggestion: Children of the Korn

It's too early to start a thread, but I've already seen a lot of good ideas. This one, Russian Hackers, Frank the Tank/Streaking Early, Don't Disturb the System, and Pretty Pretty Pretty Good just in the past couple of weeks. Please remind me of any I've missed and I'll keep a list until it's time for a thread.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
This might be our year. Unlike last year when we were a middle of the road possession team (14th), we're now top 5 in CF%. Everything points towards us being the best team in the league, let's keep it this way.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Thoughts from the game:

-- I told my pops before the puck dropped that the Flyers would come out swinging and if we could survive or win the first we'd win going away. That's pretty much what happened. Flyers looked like a team that knew their playoff chances were getting smaller by the day and came out looking to make a statement. Grubbi said no.
-- I think the game was closer than 5-0, but holy ****, the Caps can make beautiful music when they decide to.
-- The weave drill in the o-zone is even more impressive live than it is on TV. They actually look like they're on the PP when they get in their flow.
-- Grubby is legit. Dude has all the look of a #1 in this league.
-- Didn't even notice Carlson wasn't on the ice. The other five defensemen were fantastic.

Long way to go, but this team feels different.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Let's take a minute to appreciate how lucky we are right now. We're leading the league, 9th win in a row. This week, Ovi and Nicky had tremendous accomplishments, 1000 points and 500 assists. Our goalies are getting shutouts like it's nothing, Kuznetsov is being his magic self again and the team is fun and fast again.

Enjoy this moment, who knows how long it will last?

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Let's take a minute to appreciate how lucky we are right now. We're leading the league, 9th win in a row. This week, Ovi and Nicky had tremendous accomplishments, 1000 points and 500 assists. Our goalies are getting shutouts like it's nothing, Kuznetsov is being his magic self again and the team is fun and fast again.

Hopefully until NEXT season. :) But yeah definitely agree, the rant on CSN the other night about people not being able to enjoy is legit. I'm so sick of hearing about how it's not the playoffs and it doesn't matter.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Grubauer is 8-2 with a 1.74 GAA and .935 sv%. Mitch Korn is a wizard.

I am so bummed that he will most likely be retired before he can properly work with Samsanov. :(

I know Korn has communicated with him and sent him video to go over but man a year with Korn would have been amazing for his development.

Agreed. Imagine how Jackets fans felt during their run, it is much better to be on this type of run for sure.

Also mentioning all the milestones and hot players, Justin Williams may be the hottest.

The Pens are pissed, the Caps are playing back to back, so I think it probably stops tonight in the 'burgh but whatever, they can't win every game.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
A fantasy game I lost yesterday, my opponent who crushed me had Williams and Nisky. I had Ovi and Nick. Rookie mistake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad