Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Sens | 4/4/15 | 7:00 ET | Caps Lose 4-3 (OT)

ryan519*

Holts usually bounces back nicely after a weak performance.

Win this one in rego boys, clinch a spot, and get him some rest

Vladiator16*

Ottawa is an underrated team, this is going to be tough... 2 points, OV goal or two, no injuries...and im happy:cheers:

Caps2Fan

Jan 6, 2014
Best part of this day so far is the Penguins GDT calling for a complete implosion and rebuilding of their team after today's loss :)

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Ottawa is an underrated team, this is going to be tough... 2 points, OV goal or two, no injuries...and im happy:cheers:

Columbus beat the pens in regulation and crosby got 1 goal. The door is now open for the CAPS to take 2nd place. Take care of our business and it's ours.

CAPS need a regulation win to take firm control.

Ovy pots at least 2 would be freakin awesome too.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Columbus beat the pens in regulation and crosby got 1 goal. The door is now open for the CAPS to take 2nd place. Take care of our business and it's ours.

CAPS need a regulation win to take firm control.

Ovy pots at least 2 would be freakin awesome too.
And Caps chances for #2 or 3 in Metro got a bit better.

Sportsclubstats has Caps at 73% to finish #2 or 3, 25% to get WC1 or 2, and 1+% to miss. Not sure if, or how much it's weighted, SCS takes into account strength of schedule in their sims. The 73% to finish above a WC seems slightly high... but I hope they're correct !

A win today, even in OT/SO, would be huge.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
And Caps chances for #2 or 3 in Metro got a bit better.

Sportsclubstats has Caps at 73% to finish #2 or 3, 25% to get WC1 or 2, and 1+% to miss. Not sure if, or how much it's weighted, SCS takes into account strength of schedule in their sims. The 73% to finish above a WC seems slightly high... but I hope they're correct !

A win today, even in OT/SO, would be huge.

We own the tie breakers over both the islanders and the pens. Tie them in points and ROW and we get the higher seed.

Maruk moustache

Apr 6, 2011
Austin
Who is calling Ottawa an easy win. One of the hottest teams the last 2 months.

Caps are a very slight favorite tonight at the book I look at for that kind of thing, but I fear Ottawa, both tonight and in the playoffs if they make it.

Last edited:

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
We own the tie breakers over both the islanders and the pens. Tie them in points and ROW and we get the higher seed.
Oh I know we do.

Just seems like nearly 3/4ths chance to snag #2 or 3 seems a bit high. We'll still need to pick up some pts these last 4 games. Unlikely Isles and Pitt continue to mostly lose.

El Gato Bodegero

Oct 22, 2008
Mexico City
It would be nice if we win and Orlov could get a game or two before the playoffs. I remember last year in the final games of the season and with the Russian National Team he was playing amazing.

I have faith that he could be a difference maker come playoff time.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Always a difficult game against the Caps, glad you guys are in a great position this season.

Good luck tonight, and let's hope for another good game!

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
So you're saying he can be activated after the regular season for the playoffs? Sorry for my ignorance, not sure about how injuries affect the cap and what not.

Orlov is currently on LTIR, so the Caps are allowed to exceed the salary cap by the amount of his cap hit. After the regular season ends, the salary cap is no longer in play, so they can activate him without regard to salary.

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA
Orpik - Carlson
Alzner - Niskanen
Gleason - Green

as far as I know. Same as it ever was. Like the guy above you said, Orlov likely won't be activated until after the season.

Orlov is currently on LTIR, so the Caps are allowed to exceed the salary cap by the amount of his cap hit. After the regular season ends, the salary cap is no longer in play, so they can activate him without regard to salary.

Thanks for clearing everything up. I am really excited to see him back. Such a smooth skater he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad