TV|CSN-DC+, RDS, TSN5
Listen| Caps Radio Network , TSN 1200
Streams| Streamhunter , FirstRow , Cricfree , Live TV

Last edited:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Am I the only one who couldn't care less about Phillips hitting this milestone. Nice for him but if I'm 100% honest I would have liked Alfie to keep that record for awhile.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Am I the only one who couldn't care less about Phillips hitting this milestone. Nice for him but if I'm 100% honest I would have liked Alfie to keep that record for awhile.

I think you're in the minority. But there will indeed be people who don't care, who only live in the here and now and can't reflect on how important Philly was to this team for the past 15 years, all due to his current declining play.

Player gets old, player's performance level declines. Shocking stuff.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Hope to hear some Alfie chants.

if you count playoff games played Phillips will never beat out alfie.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I think you're in the minority. But there will indeed be people who don't care, who only live in the here and now and can't reflect on how important Philly was to this team for the past 15 years, all due to his current declining play.
Agreed. Glad Alfie & Redden are here to honour him, which is coming up any minute now...

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Player gets old, player's performance level declines. Shocking stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I love what Phillips has brought over the majority of his career. Him getting to this milestone is more of a management blunder than anything. I appreciate Chris very much. It's just weird to see him pass Alfie in what I think is an important Sens record.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
if you count playoff games played Phillips will never beat out alfie.

Alfredsson has played exactly 10 more playoff games than Phillips. It's not like there is a chasm between the two players in that regard.

If we include Playoff games in the total GP column, Phillips will still overtake Alfie in a couple of weeks.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Don't get me wrong, I love what Phillips has brought over the majority of his career. Him getting to this milestone is more of a management blunder than anything. I appreciate Chris very much. It's just weird to see him pass Alfie in what I think is an important Sens record.

Alfie bailed on the Senators

I don't hold a grudge or anything but the only reason Phillips is taking this because Alfie bailed, not management blunders

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Has Murray gained some weight back? Looking pretty good.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

It's a bit like getting a silver medal. At the time, all you can think about is losing the gold....but after a while, you look back on that silver and truly appreciate how amazing it is to have.

I'm sure if we were in the top few places in the conference and looking towards the playoffs, this night would feel completely different.

I'd be willing to wager, in a few years, all of us will be talking all nostalgic about Phillips (among others) and the glory days he was a part of.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Alfredsson has played exactly 10 more playoff games than Phillips. It's not like there is a chasm between the two players in that regard.

If we include Playoff games in the total GP column, Phillips will still overtake Alfie in a couple of weeks.

For some reason I didn't even think when i said that, excuse me.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

That's your opinion, i don't think it was a blunder at all. Neither of us are the only ones that think in our respective lights.

Its remarkable for anyone to reach that kind of milestone. This isn't a record thats going to be broken anytime soon, if at all. Phillips deserves the ceremony.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad