GDT: Caps @ Sabres Mar 30th 7pm

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
A concussed Orlov is better than Schultz. We better be marketing Schultz for other teams.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
A concussed Orlov is better than Schultz. We better be marketing Schultz for other teams.
I'd have to think that's part of it given what McPhee and the coaching staff think about mobility. Plus with the back-to-back Orlov's conditioning may not be quite there yet.

sunnydaycrash

Feb 24, 2004
Vancouver
Not sure how to interpret it.

Orlov out for Schultz, no deal happening. ****ing idiots.
Orlov out for possible trade? Still ****ing idiots.

I hope it's more of Schultz being showcased for a 7 th round pick

Makes no sense if they're trying to make the playoffs.....kids a +5 in 5 games averaging almost 15 min of ice time.

Schultz is a -7 averaging closer to 14 min.....where the logic?

sunnydaycrash

Feb 24, 2004
Vancouver
Is such a thing possible? Maybe they just want to verify he can still move his legs?

Can't see anyone wanting him with that contract but who knows.....no way they're playing Sarge cos he gives them a better chance to win....it's either, Orly is hurt, he's being kept out to be traded or Sarge is being showcased.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Forwards
Johansson-Backstrom-Ovechkin
Laich-Ribeiro-Brouwer
Chimera-Perreault-Ward
Hendricks-Beagle-Wolski

Defense
Alzner-Green
Hillen-Carlson
Schultz-Oleksy

Potentially brutal bottom 4 there....

bonzaibondra12

Feb 13, 2010
Rockville, MD
Orlove and Oleksy haven't been a good pairing. Not sure which guys others are watching.

However, Schultz is much worse. Maybe they are giving one last showcase a shot to possibly trade him.

Brad Tolliver

Terror Goes Into
Feb 17, 2004
Overtime
I'd have to think that's part of it given what McPhee and the coaching staff think about mobility. Plus with the back-to-back Orlov's conditioning may not be quite there yet.
Schultz's conditioning has never even gotten there.

Supposedly Buffalo (and a few other teams in full tank mode) are interested in Schultz, so it would make sense to "showcase" his awfulness.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Can't see anyone wanting him with that contract but who knows.....no way they're playing Sarge cos he gives them a better chance to win....it's either, Orly is hurt, he's being kept out to be traded or Sarge is being showcased.

Next season is his last year on his deal, the contract isnt that bad to give hiim negitive value

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Orlov out, that sucks. Not noticing Orlov may be best for his injury plagued year playing with a fellow rookie, learning a new position. I had been looking for him at LD and seemed a little timid offensively, but not much else good or bad.

I am pissed Sarge is in but its the memo from George. Play Sarge dammit don't make me look bad.

Man on man did that Wideman Sarge pairing add extra drama last spring. I actually was cheering them getting off the ice. First time I ever did that my entire career, when he hopped onto the bench.... Wideman! I was even cheering their icings even though they were stuck out there. You can't make this stuff up.

To be frank, if we tank, we need to tank all by our pathetic selves. Fans cheering for failure grows old, especially when the playoffs are well within reach. The regular season means nothing. The goggles do nothing. Hoping for a tank does nothing. We will not get that kid you want, we are not that bad, if without Ribs.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I can't remember ever feeling more nervous about a Caps defensive pairing being on the ice as I did when Wideman and Schultz were out there during the playoffs. (It was worse than Kiwi/Doig!)

Every shift seemed like a disaster that resulted in at least one glorious scoring opportunity for the other team. Every shift that they finished without getting scored on was such a massive relief.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Orlov with his eyes closed > Schultz on his best days

God I hate him so much. It's not that he's slow. It's not that he constantly gets beat wide. It's not that he's absolutely terrible with the puck. It's not that he rarely shoots, and when he does its terrible. It's that he's such a pansy for being 6'6. He's probably been absolutely buried about 5 times this year by players under 6 foot. Anyone remember in the Pens game when he got run over like a train into the boards? That was the most pathetic display by a hockey player I've ever. More pathetic than the start of the season for this team. Gosh I hate him so much as a hockey player. There's no way in hell you can possibly justify sitting Orlov in favor of that pansy unless Orlov is hurt.

Monsterrain

Mar 4, 2013
Maryland
The only reason 55 is in has to be to showcase him. I cant believe any other reason why. If we could a pick for that clown, thats a win-win for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad