Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Rangers - January 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Imo ovi has the best shot in the game. Period.

Every time he shoots I cringe. He can score on any shot at any time.

Krieder. Not so much. Lol

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Loss sucked, but the team looks a lot better. They looked like a playoff team yesterday and not a bad one. Stalberg looks really good lately, I don't get the complaints about him. Even Glass and I despise him.

They played the best team in the league extremely hard and caught a **** bounce. They didn't get any in the first two periods when they played pretty well also.

Girardi needs to go.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
Loss sucked, but the team looks a lot better. They looked like a playoff team yesterday and not a bad one. Stalberg looks really good lately, I don't get the complaints about him. Even Glass and I despise him.

They played the best team in the league extremely hard and caught a **** bounce. They didn't get any in the first two periods when they played pretty well also.

Girardi needs to go.
This is what I saw too. The team is playing much better the last month and a half, than they were in October and November, when they were winning all the time. Just aren't getting the "bounces" right now, and Hank will get back to form eventually. I mean, he can only get better, because he has been at ahl backup level bad since the beginning of december. Hopefully the team, and Hank can be clicking at the same time at some point this season. It seems like that rarely happens.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Girardi needs to go.

This is what I saw too. The team is playing much better the last month and a half, than they were in October and November, when they were winning all the time. Just aren't getting the "bounces" right now, and Hank will get back to form eventually. I mean, he can only get better, because he has been at ahl backup level bad since the beginning of december. Hopefully the team, and Hank can be clicking at the same time at some point this season. It seems like that rarely happens.

Count me on the glass half-full side.

Hayes, Lindberg and Stalberg scoring is the depth scoring this team has been missing lately. Good sign.

McDonagh is elevating his game to the elite level and this is a very good sign for this team long term.

The team was able to comeback from being down two the 3rd against currently the best team in NHL. Another very good sign for the rest of the season and play-offs.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
O****ingV what a savage. Biggest Ranger killer in history.

He likes to talk. I can only imagine all the **** he was talking to Hanke and Danny after goal number 499 and 498 respectively.

God what an abysmal finisher Derek Stepan is. No hands and not even a 20 goal scorer over 82 game pace on top line and PP.

Way bigger than Lemieux, Potvin, Lindros, and Lafleur?

Ovechkin doesn't have the Rangers number in the post season.

InwoodBlueNYC

Sep 23, 2013
NYC
I agree with many here. NYR look pretty good.
We did not lose yesterday, we tied the game and got a point, Unfortunately we did not get the bonus point.
The team has many good players and a very good coaching staff. I see lots of upside and I feel very confident.
If we stay healthy I can foresee going deep in the playoffs.
Stay well my friends. Keep smiling:D

InwoodBlueNYC

Sep 23, 2013
NYC

I don't think Hank has been at "AHL backup level bad". I think the struggling defense and lack of goal scoring & backchecking has forced him into difficult situations. He has kept us in many games with the offense not closing them out for wins.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
I don't think Hank has been at "AHL backup level bad". I think the struggling defense and lack of goal scoring & backchecking has forced him into difficult situations. He has kept us in many games with the offense not closing them out for wins.

The defense has struggled at times, yes. I mean I love hank, and he is the best player on this team. I have no doubt he will get it going again. But his numbers since the beginning of december have been very bad. He has an .880 save percentage since the beginning of december which is 49th in the league. He doesn't deserve too much of the blame. He has been amazing for this team for so long, but he definately shares some of the blame.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Oh please. Williams had that great single post season when our offense went extinct.

Williams has been burning us since he's been with Carolina, from what I remember. I remember his arrogant smug face laughing on the bench years ago. I have an aversion towards him ever since.

InwoodBlueNYC

Sep 23, 2013
NYC
The defense has struggled at times, yes. I mean I love hank, and he is the best player on this team. I have no doubt he will get it going again. But his numbers since the beginning of december have been very bad. He has an .880 save percentage since the beginning of december which is 49th in the league. He doesn't deserve too much of the blame. He has been amazing for this team for so long, but he definately shares some of the blame.

Granted. You are right. No one gets a free pass. Hank included. It's been a collective downslide. But this is too good a team to continue crapping up the joint.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Granted. You are right. No one gets a free pass. Hank included. It's been a collective downslide. But this is too good a team to continue crapping up the joint.

Is it really? Is this really true at this point?

2/3 biggest minute munchers on the team are dumpster fires on skates, one of which has been one of the WORST defensemen in the NHL this year. The top players are all snake bitten and not making plays. Contributing rookies are getting scratched for the likes of Tanner Glass and (soon) Jayson Megna and his legendary first game, the clown behind the bench is letting a top 4 RHD rot in the press box and forcing another one onto the bottom pair with miniscule PP time, in favor of the previously mentioned dumpster fires. How far up can this team really go? They've lost a handful of games they deserved to win in the last few weeks. That October is catching up to them. They've been bad all year and they're paying for it now. The year is half over. They can start improving any day now.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
Is it really? Is this really true at this point?

2/3 biggest minute munchers on the team are dumpster fires on skates, one of which has been one of the WORST defensemen in the NHL this year. The top players are all snake bitten and not making plays. Contributing rookies are getting scratched for the likes of Tanner Glass and (soon) Jayson Megna and his legendary first game, the clown behind the bench is letting a top 4 RHD rot in the press box and forcing another one onto the bottom pair with miniscule PP time, in favor of the previously mentioned dumpster fires. How far up can this team really go? They've lost a handful of games they deserved to win in the last few weeks. That October is catching up to them. They've been bad all year and they're paying for it now. The year is half over. They can start improving any day now.

AV is killing this team, with his lineup decisions. Lindberg scores a goal, may get scratched. Girardi hands Ovi a goal on a silver platter, nothing. I mean it's horrendous. AV literally said "it was a great read by ovechkin" unbelievable. Girardi is killing a penalty, right near his net with 15 seconds left in the period. You blast that thing around the boards and kill the period. Why he chose to make the "cute" play 2 feet from his net, while killing a penalty with 15 seconds left in the period is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad