Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Rangers - January 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
What's funny is I actually think they've been playing their best hockey of the season the past few games.

That's probably an indictment on how ****ing bad they've been the rest of the season though.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
AV is killing this team, with his lineup decisions. Lindberg scores a goal, may get scratched. Girardi hands Ovi a goal on a silver platter, nothing. I mean it's horrendous. AV literally said "it was a great read by ovechkin" unbelievable. Girardi is killing a penalty, right near his net with 15 seconds left in the period. You blast that thing around the boards and kill the period. Why he chose to make the "cute" play 2 feet from his net, while killing a penalty with 15 seconds left in the period is beyond me.

I'm extremely bothered by AV defending that play.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
Is it really? Is this really true at this point?

2/3 biggest minute munchers on the team are dumpster fires on skates, one of which has been one of the WORST defensemen in the NHL this year. The top players are all snake bitten and not making plays. Contributing rookies are getting scratched for the likes of Tanner Glass and (soon) Jayson Megna and his legendary first game, the clown behind the bench is letting a top 4 RHD rot in the press box and forcing another one onto the bottom pair with miniscule PP time, in favor of the previously mentioned dumpster fires. How far up can this team really go? They've lost a handful of games they deserved to win in the last few weeks. That October is catching up to them. They've been bad all year and they're paying for it now. The year is half over. They can start improving any day now.
I don't think they have been bad all year. It's been about 50/50. They were horrendous in virtually every advanced metric except goaltending, in October and november. But it has been reversed since the beginning of december till now. Many advanced metrics have shown that they have been much better in the last month and a half. Problem is lundqvists save percentage is .880 over that span. This season has sure been frustrating though.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
What's funny is I actually think they've been playing their best hockey of the season the past few games.

That's probably an indictment on how ****ing bad they've been the rest of the season though.
They were horrendous the first 2 months of the season, but they have been much better the last month and a half, and have been legitimately "good" the last couple weeks. Hope hank starts to play up to the level we all know he can play at soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad