GDT: Caps@Rags - 1/19/14 7:30 PM

BPMrules

Nov 10, 2009
Baltimore, MD
Something happens to shake these guys up this week, I would have to think. Shifting lines isn't gonna do it. Neither is getting shamed at the Garden.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Moral victory, we injured Lundquist.

He did it to himself. Or maybe retweaked something. Right leg was bent at the knee and it looked like he wanted to swing it out and around to the front. Those pads are big and heavy and put a lot of stress on ligaments, hip flexors and maybe the hip joint itself.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
My worst nightmare is this team which has been on life support for 2 years now, gets a last minute pint of blood and squeaks into the playoffs to get rolled by the flightless birds. And then this time next year were having these same conversations. Its like groundhogs day.

Either tank or make some big moves.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
My worst nightmare is this team which has been on life support for 2 years now, gets a last minute pint of blood and squeaks into the playoffs to get rolled by the flightless birds. And then this time next year were having these same conversations. Its like groundhogs day.

Big moves have to start from the top down. Leonsis has to pull the plug on Mcphee. He has had 9 years since he got to tear it all down and build it how he wanted. That's long enough.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009

I have been thinking that way for a few seasons now. I am ready for rock bottom.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
If only our media would put McPhee on the hot seat. I've emailed most of the Caps writers begging and pleading for them to call a spade a spade. I mean they don't have any problem putting Redskins or Wizards management on the hot seat.

I never even so much as received a reply to any of them about it. Which is odd considering I almost always get some sort of reply back from them when discussing other caps/sports related things. It's like George has them all in the bag too... I don't get it.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
If only our media would put McPhee on the hot seat. I've emailed most of the Caps writers begging and pleading for them to call a spade a spade. I mean they don't have any problem putting Redskins or Wizards management on the hot seat.

I never even so much as received a reply to any of them about it. Which is odd considering I almost always get some sort of reply back from them when discussing other caps/sports related things. It's like George has them all in the bag too... I don't get it.

I applaud you for trying man. Good ****

Unfortunately, Bruce Allen keeping Jim Hasslett is more important here

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO

This isn't a sports city. All of our teams suck. (And for the most part, always have.) The media doesn't actually care.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
the writers don't call the shots. you are writing emails to the wrong people. editors are who you want. Katie and the other beat writers write what they are told to write. They publish nothing without editor sign off except blog and twitter news notes.

you want a McPhee or Oates rip or suggest firing them, it has to come from the editor who tells a columnist like Wise to write it. That's how it works.

With this current limp streak and two bad blowouts in a row plus some practice coming at the end of the O break, I would say the hammer is possibly cocked for some dismissals.

grubauer can now be sent back to Hershey as well.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
the writers don't call the shots. you are writing emails to the wrong people. editors are who you want. Katie and the other beat writers write what they are told to write. They publish nothing without editor sign off except blog and twitter news notes.

you want a McPhee or Oates rip or suggest firing them, it has to come from the editor who tells a columnist like Wise to write it. That's how it works.

With this current limp streak and two bad blowouts in a row plus some practice coming at the end of the O break, I would say the hammer is possibly cocked for some dismissals.

grubauer can now be sent back to Hershey as well.

Great point about the editors

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
We are all Brian Boyle:

nWYyvyW.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad