Post-Game Talk: Caps Preds 8:00 the return of the nisky

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Playoffs notwithstanding, they just won back to back Pres. Trophies, what "problem" do people mean?

Unless you mean 20 games into this season, which is strange considering all the roster changes.
I'm with you, I have no problem with Trotz. If a coaching change is to be made it should be after the season and not during this season.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Winning in the regular season isn’t enough for most here in critical mode with Trotz. People want to win a certain way. Hard to look past some of the numbers, I’m just not sold that another coach flips a switch and suddenly makes them a better possession team.

They were over 50% CF last year and in the playoffs won the possession battle most games. I love advanced stats but I have no idea anymore how to correlate them to PLAYOFF victories.

I just wonder how much different the last two seasons might have been had they not had to deal their greatest stumbling block in the Pens. :(

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Because it's too easy and predictable to always lay a team's woes on the coaching and not fault the players as much, especially those who have played under all four coaches.

Victory has a thousand fathers but defeat is an orphan.

One of these guys is teaching kids right now and the other is some kind of "advisor." And they both coached the Caps a few years ago. Trash-ass coaches!

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I don’t care that we scored 3 goals this period, the game has all the markings of Trotz’s offensive coaching suckage. There’s a reason guys are often not ready to shoot; they’re not on the same page half the time.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
We’re acting and playing like little bitches. This is one of those games where the captains should hold a come to Jesus closed door team meetings after. I would be shocked it that happened

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Question for the get rid of Trotz crowd here, who's out there that you believe could step in right now and do a better job? Disco Dan

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Roenick: "The Caps top two lines need to take a page out of the workers book and do like the Caps 4th line on the second goal."

Sorry JR, they can't. At least not the Kuznetsov line.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
Winning in the regular season isn’t enough for most here in critical mode with Trotz. People want to win a certain way. Hard to look past some of the numbers, I’m just not sold that another coach flips a switch and suddenly makes them a better possession team.

When will people start to realize/except that the coaches are not the problem? This is a broken core that peaked years ago. Things will never change until the core does.

Reactions: BiPolar Caps

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
Ya Kuzy can be a very frustrating player. All sorts of skill but a bit of a flake.

He is not a player you win a cup with. Kuzy and Holtby would be my first two sell high players to rebuild the team with. No band-aids to try to win this year or next. Young players with upside and hopes to get a team with some speed and skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad