News Article: Caps Owner Ted Leonsis, Penguins Conspiracy Theorist

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I was wrong. I thought Melnyk was the NHL's Alex Jones. Apparently it's Sweaty Teddy.

In all seriousness though, what a ****ing loser. No wonder that organization's had such a hard time competing for championships in the Ovechkin era. It's run by a guy who looks for anything else to put the blame on but himself and his team. :laugh:

I feel sorry for Caps fans. At least the rational, civil ones.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
:biglaugh:

The Pens have been in the Caps heads since draft day and it's been hilarious to watch over the years. Listen Washington, just trade Ovi and collect the boatload of picks and prospects you'll get for him and call it a day. Then maybe...just maybe you'll be able to beat the Pens (or other teams) in the playoffs.

Enough is enough and it's time for Ovi to move on :nod:

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I seriously thought this was like theonion or something. Is this a serious article? Or am I just a fool?

So I guess I have to ask.... this can't be serious, right? This is a satire article?

I was going to post the same exact thing. Is this real?

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Beating the Caps doesn't assure a cup victory, but the one time we lost to them they had to blow it to the Rangers and are responsible for allowing the Rags a stanley cup and depriving us of the greatest hockey chant ever.... 19.40.......19.40

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
This guy just shows how pathetic he really is.

In regards to this "discussion" about conspiracies favoring the Pens, it's really kind of sad. There are some people who, in their arguments, show signs of mental illness. And I mean that in all seriousness.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm just at awe he puts so much effort into looking at reasons for the Pens beating them and focuses on the wrong aspect.

I'm glad he doesn't do the right thing and add true depth, that matters.

Keep focussing on what doesn't matter.

Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
Seeing the title of the article before I read it felt like Journalism Christmas. And I was not disappointed, especially with the Goofus and Gallant reference. Ted and Washington are the gift that keeps on giving.

Dread Pirate Roberts

Jul 2, 2008
Mountain West
Isn't this the same genius that declared "sarcasm is dead" about five or ten years ago? I'm pretty sure that he lives completely divorced from reality, which is hardly a shock considering that he's a billionaire.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Can someone post the Goodfellas meme?

When you say the leafue is fixed against you but Matt Niskanen was your best defensemen in the playoffs.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I was wrong. I thought Melnyk was the NHL's Alex Jones. Apparently it's Sweaty Teddy.

In all seriousness though, what a ****ing loser. No wonder that organization's had such a hard time competing for championships in the Ovechkin era. It's run by a guy who looks for anything else to put the blame on but himself and his team. :laugh:

I feel sorry for Caps fans. At least the rational, civil ones.

Was obvious something was wrong with the organization when they kept letting their generational player skate around and dish out so many dangerous hits. I know he was tough and his body could handle it at the time, but I knew it would take a toll eventually. They should(him as well, bit it starts with the FO) have been working on other aspects of his game. Or at least tell him to stop playing so physical.

Fast forward all these years and Crosby/Malkin are more complete players than they were then, and still have game breaking speed. While OV is a few steps slower.

Gunnar Staal

Mar 17, 2004
It's okay, Teddy boy. Just raise ticket prices and raise a pointless banner for this year to make yourself feel good... yet again.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Remember that interview with him a few years ago where he was whining like, "where's MY Stanley Cup!!" :laugh: What a huge baby.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I don't know which one is more pathetic owner, Eugene Melnyk or Ted Leonsis, but both are big reasons why their teams haven't yet won anything.

They're in the same class. Leonsis is the ultimate excuse-maker, always looking for reasons and people to blame for his team's repeated failures, but never blaming himself. He's a classic "we've had disappointment and we're talented so it's our turn - we deserve to win!" loser. Face it Ted: you're the Atlanta Braves of hockey. The only way you're winning is if you play the Indians for the Cup. Or... you could change your BS attitude.

The thing that amazes me about guys like this is how they fail to bring their winning attitude from business over to sports. I bet when one of his business dealings starts to go south, he doesn't start looking for people to blame and making excuses (or listen to others' excuses). I bet he finds the source(s) of the problem, and fixes them immediately. And then his business finds success.

I mean I guess these guys could be trust fund babies like you know who and was handed a clear path to business success, but more likely they are good businessmen and find ways to earn it. Somehow though, when it comes to sports, they can't figure it out.

Last edited:

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
Here's the problem with a guy like Leonsis. He probably does have video on his computer of said hits, I don't doubt it for a second, and in his head he is 100% correct. I'm sure his head hits the pillow at night thinking "how dare they let the Pens get away with that". We are in his head, deep in his head because he wants to win a Cup so badly.

Here is where the problem comes in for a guy like him, you show him a clip of the Ovechkin hitting Crosby in the back of the head with his stick and, IN HIS HEAD, it 100% justified. It's just Ovie letting him know he is there, it's just a hockey play. He's not just defending his guy, IN HIS HEAD, a hit like that is 100% fine. That is what is wrong with guys like leonsis.

If you can Photoshop a video like that (I don't know if it's possible) and put a Pens uniform on Ovechkin and a Caps uniform on a Pens player and play the exact same hit (Penguin hitting a Cap) it would become part of the Leonsis conspiracy theory.

That's what is wrong with guys like Leonsis and that is why they don't win.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Meh billionaires who are used to getting their way and can't buy a cup get impatient and whiney ... they start pressuring the team and coach and creates an unbearable atmosphere....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad