Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Oil 9:00PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
- Great game from the top 6. What I took away from the "Kuz Show" is that he is a big
game player. That will be huge come playoff time.
- Nice to see contributions from Mojo and Bura.
- Grubbauer a bad game, though not a disaster. Hope he does (a lot) better next game.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Yeah i keep having this recurring nightmare of the 4th line as it is, costing us big time in the post season. Hope i'm wrong

The 3rd pairing concerns me a decent amount more at this point than the 4th line. Orlov was simply awful tonight...

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Kuz at $3M looks like a steal of a contract. We've got a 2 year window to contend. After that, many deals to our core players expire. Kuznetsov, Oshie, Williams and Burakovsky will be FAs at that time. Williams will be old and Kuznetsov + Oshie + Burakovsky is going to cost an arm.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Gotta keep feeding Orlov and Schmidt minutes, IMO. GMBM and Trotz really need to see what they have with those two by the deadline.

Moar blowouts, so they can play, please..

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
GMBM needs to do something to that 4th line pretty quickly, because Stephenson, with all his effort, just isn't an NHL player, and Laich being paid 4.5M is what really prevents us from having a real 3rd pairing without all those experiments, or a really deep roster.

Fun stupid game. A lot of watching hockey from the players bailed out by a pure talent and a weak opponent.

Chorney against Edmonton on the fastest ice in the league is some creative stuff.
Did Orlov forget he's a defenseman?
I give Grubauer a benefit of doubt, 1st game of the year, garbage defending, really talented Oilers offense...

Kuznetsov though, just damn. Malkin once said during a lockout that Kuznetsov and Tarasenko were going to be better than Ovechkin and him one day, and I'm starting to wonder if this day comes much sooner than I expected.

Btw, Ovechkin has looked pretty average so far, and he has 9 points in 6 games. I really hope for a return of 100 point seasons.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
GMBM needs to do something to that 4th line pretty quickly, because Stephenson, with all his effort, just isn't an NHL player, and Laich being paid 4.5M is what really prevents us from having a real 3rd pairing without all those experiments, or a really deep roster.

Fun stupid game. A lot of watching hockey from the players bailed out by a pure talent and a weak opponent.

Chorney against Edmonton on the fastest ice in the league is some creative stuff.
Did Orlov forget he's a defenseman?
I give Grubauer a benefit of doubt, 1st game of the year, garbage defending, really talented Oilers offense...

Kuznetsov though, just damn. Malkin once said during a lockout that Kuznetsov and Tarasenko were going to be better than Ovechkin and him one day, and I'm starting to wonder if this day comes much sooner than I expected.

Btw, Ovechkin has looked pretty average so far, and he has 9 points in 6 games. I really hope for a return of 100 point seasons.

because someone is totally gonna take brooks laich off the caps hands. there is nothing that can be done

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
didn't see the game tonight but can someone explain why Burakovsky had 9 minutes of ice time and why Wilson deserves more ice time than him?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
we can give up something. if we can find a good deal for a 3C or 3rd pairing D than I'd be willing to pay extra.

but what is extra? it took a good prospect to get rid of sharp (yes one time, but hes better then laich) you really wanna give up a good prospect to get rid of laich?

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
didn't see the game tonight but can someone explain why Burakovsky had 9 minutes of ice time and why Wilson deserves more ice time than him?

Burakovsky is the odd mad out of the top-6 right now, with the Caps having 7 guys who can play on the top two lines.

And the 3rd line of Chimera - Beagle - Wilson has been great lately, specifically last game against Vancouver.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006

Willy is on the PK and Bura isn't, but more importantly they ran the 3rd out there a lot more than the 4th.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I'd rather see Burakovsky on the 3rd line, while the third line looks good Wilson hasn't contributed that much.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I actually don't mind it. It'll let the boys get home and get some rest, and then have a couple days practice before a big game against Pittsburgh.

From a fans point of view it sucks... feels like the team plays half as much as the rest of the teams hehe. But if the team wins because of that I wont say anything ;)

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Enjoyed reading the thread as I was watching too many other games. Sounds like you guys are in for some fun this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad