Post-Game Talk: CAPS @ Meow's 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Probably the worst defensive game I've seen the team play. Typically they have defense on lock down. Even when they look out of sorts on O, defense holds up. Total team loss tonight. Yuck.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Which goal was his fault? Come on, the team didn't even get up for this one.

My opinion? The first one could have been played better. He was too far left then going down almost on his knees reaching far right on the top of his crease.

The first shot on net going in is not confidence inspiring.

No matter. Let Florida Panther win one. From the looks of their sparse crowd they need any help they can get.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Trailing the entire game they put up all of 20 SOG.

Hmm, have to go back to early SJ game (and they were w/o 8 & 19 for that one) to find a comparable effort.

Caps still have multiple GIH on Habs, Rags.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
My opinion? The first one could have been played better. He was too far left then going down almost on his knees reaching far right on the top of his crease.

The first shot on net going in is not confidence inspiring.

No matter. Let Florida Panther win one. From the looks of their sparse crowd they need any help they can get.
He was going to waffle board that puck away until it was tipped less then a foot in front of him.

The Wilson hit looks not as bad after a couple replays. Campbell makes absolutely no effort to protect himself. He knows someone is coming at him and he still keeps his ass out and head pointing towards the boards and never attempts to get his arms up to absorb any part of the hit in the boards. I wouldn't say he put himself in a vulnerable position but he made no efforts to help himself out. Wilson didn't get the numbers and didn't charge in any manner. At worst he gets a minor if there is no blood. What is the real joke is Campbell is allowed back on the ice with little to no time missed. You're head just hit the boards, you're bleeding, and you had issues moving initial. How are you not pulled out for a concussion check?

Last edited:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
A night to forget. I hope no one presses the panic button after that though. The other top teams have all had a few games like that, it was bound to happen. Let's move on and look ahead for the game vs TB.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
A night to forget. I hope no one presses the panic button after that though. The other top teams have all had a few games like that, it was bound to happen. Let's move on and look ahead for the game vs TB.

I'll second that. It started out goofy with that 15 minute or whatever delayed start. Next.:handclap:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Yeah, no need to freak out.

After their first win streak of the year, they bounced from W to L to W to L for a few games before they got back on a real tear.

Hoping it takes less time to start a new streak here. That would be a good sign.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Hell, main boards are "proving" my point even further on the Wilson hit with nothing there after about a hour. lol Of course that means he'll end up with like a 20 game suspension. :help:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Hell, main boards are "proving" my point even further on the Wilson hit with nothing there after about a hour. lol Of course that means he'll end up with like a 20 game suspension. :help:

It's because Florida, but yeah, I felt like he hit Campbell in back of the shoulder. Not in the numbers at all.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Where is our young player development under Trotz...yes Kuzy but he was considered the best young player not in the NHL...where is the rest? Bura having a seat tonight is total failure...they need to trade him?...whether or not Trotz is at fault Bura's confidence has to be zero. Galiev plays every 8th game or so like a token....note these are skilled players yet Wilson, Laich etc are propped up and are a zero threat scoring....2 goals a game in the playoffs written all over this again.

Nate Schmidt says hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad