Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Jerks

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
All in all, this game wasnt THAT bad compared to the last two. At least offensively.

The D had some lapses, but they were huge. That goal 10 seconds into the game was a big nono. Cant have that on their ice right off the bat.

Holtby made some huge saves to keep it a low scoring one goal game. But he wasn't peppered that much either.

The puck was bouncing off our sticks tonight. We like to put some oomph into our passes, and I guess with the ice, the passes were just hitting sticks and bouncing over.

Hope Oshie is ok.

Well Carolina held serve too. Its now a 3 game series with 2 of them being at home. Thats it. No, we didnt get swept.

All we have to do is serve right back. Nothing more nothing less. Lets go Caps.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

He rolled onto his front so I think we can rule out collarbone.

Unless that is a stinger its a shoulder. Nothing is going to happen with that. Thanks for posting that. I am going to try and give this the rest of the night off now because the doom is a waste of energy

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Unless that is a stinger its a shoulder. Nothing is going to happen with that. Thanks for posting that. I am going to try and give this the rest of the night off now because the doom is a waste of energy

It's toxic, that's why I didn't come here for one second after the Canes went up 3-0.

44 years..........

Reactions: calicapsfan

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
He should if they lose this series. But I respect your opinion.
You honestly think that taking a team to a division titles and a playoff berth on your first-ever season as a HC isn't worthy of a second year? These guys were exhausted in November. Lost 7 in a row. So many here were screaming for Reirden's head on a pike. But he brought them back from that and had them playing structured, often dominant hockey down the stretch. That's also coaching. That kind of meltdown could have spiraled out of control. But it didn't. I'm not sure what happened in the week between the RS and playoffs but I still have hope he can bring them back again.

Either way, he's shown he doesn't suck as a HC. He is a rookie and you can debated whether that was a good idea. But give him credit where it's due.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

Hopefully they put Burakovsky on the right...only, no, maybe swap in Connolly once in a while on that line but then move Hagelin over on line three and also call up DSP and rotate him in.

Kuznetstrom

Apr 18, 2019
Based off what??? Cuz you’re pissed the series is tied?

0 ES goals last two games. After losing game 3 by 5 goals we got scored on less than 20 seconds into game 4. Team looks shell-shocked against a 7 seed team missing 3 top 9 forwards. No rhythm to game, no coherent strategy, one of our most important forwards from the cup run is still in the AHL, a dman with 20 years experience at LD was put at RD for the GWG-against with less than a minute left in a period, and the PP has no chance if the Canes all have their sticks. Oh, and the team looks flat-out uninspired.

Need I go on?

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
:(:(

tenor.gif

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
no goals 5 on 5 in 2 straight games..and we keep doing the same thing. They are sitting back and if we get the puck to the red line we deflect or dump it in and they have 3 guys back to take possession..and are forecheck is pathetic to say the least so we just give them possession again..doing this for 6 straight periods.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Coaching has nothing to do with them missing open passes by 10 feet.
Sure coaching could be the problem. We attempt a lot of low percentage passes. We might attempt more stretch passes then any other team. That is coaching.
When teams start clogging the neutral zone we need to adjust. That isn't happening.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
0 ES goals last two games. After losing game 3 by 5 goals we got scored on less than 20 seconds into game 4. Team looks shell-shocked against a 7 seed team missing 3 top 9 forwards. No rhythm to game, no coherent strategy, one of our most important forwards from the cup run is still in the AHL, a dman with 20 years experience at LD was put at RD for the GWG-against with less than a minute left in a period, and the PP has no chance if the Canes all have their sticks. Oh, and the team looks flat-out uninspired.

Need I go on?

Ahh so basically just normal Caps playoff hockey with the exception to 2018

Cool

Burn him at the stake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad