Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Jerks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Sure coaching could be the problem. We attempt a lot of low percentage passes. We might attempt more stretch passes then any other team. That is coaching.
When teams start clogging the neutral zone we need to adjust. That isn't happening.
We had the highest rate of stretch passes attempted in the league last season... Under Trotz.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
They were behind in EVERY series. That's why this freakout is so funny
The difference with this team is that we aren't playing with any structure at either end of the ice. It looks like we are trying to win on skill alone. It didnt work for the Lightning or the Pens. If adjustments aren't made we could be joining them on the golf course.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Well said. We may need to trap, left wing lock them, do something to throw a curveball at them. They are getting the puck in space with speed over and over.

I didn't mind the lineup changes, but prefer Boyd to sit as scoring line injury depth. Sticking spare parts on 4, never seems to work. Maybe he will move up for Oshie if he cannot go, and DSP gets the recall over Stephenson who just got benched.

First step is acceptance. Don't be like Tampa and refuse to admit just how good your opponent is right up until the handshake line.

I think this situation is a blessing in disguise. We got a bit lucky and built up a 2 game buffer. Now the buffer is gone but at least we are not facing elimination. Caps have started to adapt to dealing with this awesome trap that Canes are running, backed by incredible speed throughout their lineup.

I just chuckle and shake my head at all of the 'Fire Reirden!' spasmonoids. It's not Reirden you need to fire, it's Brindamour and 2/3 of Canes roster. You think Caps should win this in 4 straight? Well, Canes disagree.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
The difference with this team is that we aren't playing with any structure at either end of the ice. It looks like we are trying to win on skill alone. It didnt work for the Lightning or the Pens. If adjustments aren't made we could be joining them on the golf course.
I'd like to see Ovi on 3rd line with Eller.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Oshie is one of my favorite players. My level of give a **** just went down a lot of notches with him not being a part of the team.
It really blows that some Canes player can literally take Oshie out of the playoffs with a cheap board and get 2 minutes only.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
The loss of Oshie is BIG. But it could be a needed rallying cry. Also might force Reirden out of comfort zone a little. Caps were at their best when their backs were up against it last year.

Reactions: tenken00

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Remember that time trotz won his first round series here in less than 6? Cause I dont
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad